Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OT - I'm Sorry

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by teleken View Post
    Forget which state has the best mexican food ranting on a Monarch Crest ride is a buzzkill worth apologizing for.
    ^^^This.

And not just ANY Crest ride, but a double-descent Crest ride. He made up for it by driving for the second lap...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    See, you monkeys think northern NM has good mexican food? That's crazy talk. Go closer to Mexico. Las Cruces, specifically Mesilla has probably the best stuff. I've been in CO a few years and I have to say, the mexican food here is much better than the stuff they try to pass in TX. I grew up in southeast NM and it's good stuff there, but it's true mexican food with no meat, where you sit around your buddy's house while his mom makes tortillas and you pee in the yard because there is no indoor plumbing. That's mexican food! Once in a great while, we'd kill and roast a goat with green chiles and stuff.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottap2003 View Post
    See, you monkeys think northern NM has good mexican food? That's crazy talk. Go closer to Mexico. Las Cruces, specifically Mesilla has probably the best stuff. I've been in CO a few years and I have to say, the mexican food here is much better than the stuff they try to pass in TX. I grew up in southeast NM and it's good stuff there, but it's true mexican food with no meat, where you sit around your buddy's house while his mom makes tortillas and you pee in the yard because there is no indoor plumbing. That's mexican food! Once in a great while, we'd kill and roast a goat with green chiles and stuff.
    Kinda sounds like *New* Mexican food... not Mexican food.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Are they *New* Mexican if they are here illegally?

Bad Andy!
    Thanks to you all, I am going to go get some of my favorite - tacos alhambre at Las Palmas II - 72nd and Sheridan, right now. It's basically tacos al carbon WITH BACON.
    Es muy bien.
    Don't care whether it's Mexican, New Mexican, American Mexican, or whether you all think it's "real" mexican - all I know is it is dang good. Better than the other Las Palmas on/around 38th and Federal. (this dish is better anyway).
    Last edited by GIANTkiller; 12-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I'm goin to Taco Bell. It's cheaper than a colonic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    26ers ride way better than 29ers and your favorite band sucks.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

friend of Apex
    i'm goin to taco bell. It comes with a free colonic.
    fify
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    I've been in CO a few years and I have to say, the mexican food here is much better than the stuff they try to pass in TX.
    Dude seriously. What are you talking about? Saying Colorado has good
    mexican food is like saying Huffy makes the best DH bike...

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    At least in CO, you guys know a green chile is not a jalapeno. That's a great first step.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTkiller View Post
    tacos al carbon WITH BACON.

Best quote of this totally hijacked thread!!! LOVE IT my friends... totally love it.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    At least in CO, you guys know a green chile is not a jalapeno. That's a great first step.
    But a jalapeno *is* a green chile. Or red... depending on ripeness.

How is that for confusion for the general population?

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    It's all about the length, sir. Size matters.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    And not just ANY Crest ride, but a double-descent Crest ride. He made up for it by driving for the second lap...
    Something tells me we shuttled about 100 yards too far

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Try Chelly's

Quote Originally Posted by WilburKookmeyer View Post
    On a not to recent trip to the Monarch Crest, I mouthed off about how great the Mexican food was in California and how horrible it is in the Denver area...

I have been proven wrong.

I sincerely apologize to those (Full Trucker et al) who had to suffer through my shrill and mind numbingly ignorant rant.

Tacos y salas to the rescue

Bonus broken leg update...
    Healing slightly better than expected... out of the wheel chair and now on crutches.. still targeting a March 1st come back..
    Wilbur Hope the leg gets better.

The wife and I live in the neighborhood near Tacos y Salsas and it is excellent. If you are feeling adventurous try Chelly's, it is a little plywood shack painted neon green. The food is great but it takes a little guts to walk in the place. It is located on Federal between Louisiana and Mississippi, I would bet this food is as good as any other Mexican food. Also, Torres is a great family place, the food is spicy but they will cater to Gringos tastebuds, I take my parent there and they are from Wisconsin so they dont like any spice. It is located on Federal just south of Florida.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frntrngcactus View Post
    Wilbur Hope the leg gets better.

The wife and I live in the neighborhood near Tacos y Salsas and it is excellent. If you are feeling adventurous try Chelly's, it is a little plywood shack painted neon green. The food is great but it takes a little guts to walk in the place. It is located on Federal between Louisiana and Mississippi, I would bet this food is as good as any other Mexican food. Also, Torres is a great family place, the food is spicy but they will cater to Gringos tastebuds, I take my parent there and they are from Wisconsin so they dont like any spice. It is located on Federal just south of Florida.
    Isn't Bluebonnet over there also? edit: nvrmnd lincoln/Tennesee area
    Last edited by UncleTrail; 12-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Up on north Federal there? Been there, pretty decent. Glad you're coming around, buddy.
    Actually over in Commerce City. East of 76 off of 72nd and Quebec. Also on 72nd is La Casa Del Rey.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    Something tells me we shuttled about 100 yards too far

HAHAHAHAHA
    yeah we did... whoooops

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Bluebonnet

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Isn't Bluebonnet over there also? edit: nvrmnd lincoln/Tennesee area
    The Bonnet is off Broadway but the same general location. I like the "m" plate it is a classic Denver haunt.

mtbr member
    haha! to funny. just got back from ABQ todayt. if you are ever in that hell hole, make every effort possible to go to The Frontier, near UNM. central and Cornell to be exact. make sure you order your favorite dish( for comparison ) with the green chili stew!

see, NM "green chili" is chopped up green chili's! to get CO style "green chili"- wet the way we know it- you must get the stew! i just brought 112 oz. back with me! winning!

otherwise, stay the **** out of NM. **** hole.
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2