<< Back to Search Results
Requisition ID: 1343
# of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
This position will acquire land rights and develop contracts to promote exploration and production activities. Position also negotiates and prepares well trade agreements including joint development agreements, joint operation agreements, farm-in agreements and other agreements required for the acquisition of oil and gas leases and producing properties in support of drilling rig programs. Engages in legal research on acreage and negotiates appropriate lease terms. Arranges negotiations and procures desired contract terms. Leverages contract options and combines options to develop profitable contracts.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Working knowledge of lease acquisitions and minor negotiations research with an understanding of the profession and technical discipline
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Tobin Land System is preferred but not required
• Must have analytical and communication skills and be able to work in a team environment
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with order titles and completion of title curatives
• Determine availability of land targeted for development
• Assist with reviews, analysis and curing of titles for drilling and assists with managing field brokers for leasing acreage in support of APC’s drilling program.
• Participate with cross disciplinary asset team members in analyzing prospects for drilling.
• Negotiate oil and gas leases, fee purchases, surface leases, water rights, access agreements, and surface damage agreements.
• Evaluate farming requests, lease proposals and prepare recommendations to management for Land Grant and other acreage
• Responsible for carrying out complex projects and tasks relative to land operations with limited supervision
• Order title and complete title curative with direction from Supervisor
• Review, analyze and cure titles for drilling and manages field brokers for leasing acreage in support of APC's drilling program.
• Negotiate oil and gas leases of fee purchases, surface leases, water rights, access agreements, surface damage agreements.
• Assist with preparations for interface with regulatory agencies.
• Analyze and resolve issues associated with agreements.
• Execute due diligence processes for acquisitions/ divestment projects/ Process AFE’s.
• Write contracts for new plays.
• Provide consultation and direction in projects.
• Determine most effective methods to complete projects.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Candidate will possess a Bachelors Degree in Petroleum Land, Business, Energy Management or other related area. Candidate may possess a Juris Doctorate.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Certifications / Licenses:
No certifications or licenses are required for this position.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-25%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
This job requisition may apply to multiple positions. Applicants applying to this requisition may be considered for more than one job in various U.S. locations through 11/26/12. After that date, this requisition will expire and applicants will be notified to reapply in order to be considered for future opportunities.