Total Goober
    Sep 2009

OT: best place/way to buy boarding gear

I just told my friend I would buy an epic pass for next year, but I need a board, bindings, and boots.

Did I miss the good spring sales? Do I have to wait until the blowouts at the end of summer now?

I don't know what I'm doing, so I prefer to buy at a brick and mortar so they can guide me.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I went to the ski/snowboard expo in Denver last year, and I got a great deal on a helmet. Lots of reps there, and sponsored riders actually selling boards and such.

I've also had lots of success at Colorado Ski and Golf; except for a board I got a few years back, I've bought all my stuff during the off season, and rarely wait for a "sale" at the end of summer.

Awesomist™
    If the Board Room in Lakewood was still in existence, I would point you there. Since they aren't, there's a shop up in Dumont called TBS that I like really well, I sent MGE up there to rent a board and he was stoked, said they treated him really well.

That said, I have a friend who did a "season pass rental" on skis her first season getting back into it... I believe that was through Breeze Ski Rentals, and for one price she was able to try out quite a few different skis, and got a feel of what she liked as far as length, width, shape, and stiffness before she bought her own stuff. Breeze is the same as Max snowboards, they may have a similar program.

Boots: Buy your own, make sure they fit. This is the most important part of the whole get up, so make sure they FIT! Don't worry about brand, most brands make nice boots. They also make crap boots, and just like with bikes you get what you pay for. Ski and Golf, Ski/Snowboard Expo, SNIAGRAB, any of these places should be able to help you. TBS up in Dumont usually has left-over stock from the season, discounted deeply. I bought my boots up there for 1/2 price: paid ~$160 for a brand new pair of the previous season's Forecast boot from Thirty-Two, full MSRP was nearly $350. They carry other brands as well.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    If you need help buying your stuff DON'T got to one of the big sales. I work for one of the shops that holds them and know for a fact you will not get the best help during a sale. They are way to crazy to give you the time. Even if you feel the need to buy at a sale make sure you know what you want before you go! Don't try to get a great boot fit at a large sale yes it may happen but chances are better at the shops. Most items in the shops now will go down a bit more for the sales in the fall so you can hold off until then if you want.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for the info, peeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Snowboarding is so 90's.

Custom User Title
    PM sent to you Steve
    Team MOJO Wheels.