mtbr member

OT: Bassist Needed!

Well, I just found out that the bassist in my band just quit, so I thought I'd post up here to see if there are any half-ways decent bassists who want to play with a half-ways decent band. We basically mainly play rock, about 80% original music, 20% covers. We've been together for around three years with revolving bassists. We have been trying to get the thing going again after about an 8 month hiatus where our last show was a Battle of the Bands where we got second place. There are three others in the band, myself on lead guitar, and two others who switch up between playing the drums & guitar and singing lead.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, post up here or send me a PM. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    While you're at it maybe you should get a "lead guitarist" that knows more than just the pentatonic scale in one position!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I like your new avatar! Rippin!

You gonna go to the Mammoth game Saturday?

Not because I'm fast.....

Bass players are flakey

If only you were a hardcore band...I might be interested! I miss the 80s

Hope you find a good replacement.

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    While you're at it maybe you should get a "lead guitarist" that knows more than just the pentatonic scale in one position!
    ouch.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Bass Players.....

We've gone through four bass players in 3 years, what a pain. Finally we've got one who doesn't have secret guitar ambitions or lead bass aspirations and has fun playing bass in a fun punk band.
    what kinda music is it? I may know someone
    Good luck,
    Mark

Suzi Homewreker at 3 Kings Saturday night with The Knew, Black Ops, and Suburban Hostage, 4 bands for $5!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

oops

sorry, I see the description as rock. Do you have a band site like myspace? Rock is kinda loose, my buddy plays in a rock band that we call frat rock but he calls it rock.
    Mark

a dad
    Jan 2004
    whats the deal with Suzi Homewrecker?? haven't heard em yet, but hit the 3 kings last weekend for Ethyl and the Regulars...good time....

while we are on the topic....My band One Way Ticket is playing the Larimer Lounge next saturday (may 6th)....we play late night (11:30-12:00) after local favorites Drag the River...should be a good time....or catch us May 11th at the Lions Lair with Diesel....early around 8....

we play most Alt. Country stuff, 50/50 on the covers/originals and we have a hot female singer

Good luck finding a bass player, with my bands it has always been the damn drummers..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Straymark
    sorry, I see the description as rock. Do you have a band site like myspace? Rock is kinda loose, my buddy plays in a rock band that we call frat rock but he calls it rock.
    Mark
    I describe it as rock because we really mix / switch between several different genres of music, but most of it would be rooted in "rock". From southern swing to groove/funk to metal to punk - we are kind of all over the place but still have somewhat of a "consistent" sound. Difficult to explain. I wouldn't call us a punk band, but we play a lot of songs that have very punky parts, I wouldn't call us metal even though we have a number of songs that are metal-ish.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    Good luck finding a bass player, with my bands it has always been the damn drummers..
    Yeah - thats the way it seems to go, huh? If it's not one thing - its another!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I describe it as rock because we really mix / switch between several different genres of music, but most of it would be rooted in "rock". From southern swing to groove/funk to metal to punk - we are kind of all over the place but still have somewhat of a "consistent" sound. Difficult to explain. I wouldn't call us a punk band, but we play a lot of songs that have very punky parts, I wouldn't call us metal even though we have a number of songs that are metal-ish.
    I "played" bass in a band that I considered GBH meets Van Wailen meets Ramones. It was a long time ago. Good times. Your description of your band brought back a few memories. Good luck with your search.

Jim

Cynical Bystander
    I played bass for a while a few years ago, and then after I started biking I traded it (cheap beginner's bass) for bike parts.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Awesomist™
    Hey man, I play a mean lead guitar if you ever need to replace the hack you guys have now...

The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Awesomist™
    ...My band One Way Ticket is playing the Larimer Lounge next saturday (may 6th)....we play late night (11:30-12:00) after local favorites Drag the River...should be a good time...
    I'm gonna try and make this, I like that Drag the River band... I don't get into a lot of alt-country but it's a nice change from my usual every now and again. Have you heard Local 33? I'd call 'em "Blue Collar Rock" myself, but they have a bit of the twang in 'em... pretty good stuff...

Punch it, Chewie.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    yeah i have heard of local 33 but haven't seen them, they don't seem to play much....

i think Drag the River is a great band, i enjoy their stuff.... our band is coming around nicely as well, covers by drive by truckers, unc tupelo, whiskeytown, hank 3, and our originals....introduce yourself if you make it, i am the guitar player....

oh yeah, did i say our singer is hot??
    BBZ

Awesomist™
    oh yeah, did i say our singer is hot??
    Why do you think I'm going?

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Billybobzil's One Way Ticket

Nice sound, I found it on myspace, your hot female singer has a nice voice too, kinda Loretta/Tammy-ish. We're on there too, but there isn't anything nice about it, http://www.myspace.com/suzihomewreker

a dad
    Jan 2004
    thanks for the kind words...i will check out suzi.....hope some of you'all can make it saturday....our sound is more energized live for sure, the demo was a quickie and didn't necessarily catch our sound the way i would have hoped...
    BBZ

a dad
    Jan 2004
    yeah i guess i could have put our site on there too

www.myspace.com/onewayticketdenver

we ought to get some crazy mountain bike, chick singer party going sometime this summer....
    BBZ

Awesomist™
    we ought to get some crazy mountain bike, chick singer party going sometime this summer....
    I'm so there already...

And it turns out that I'll be down in Nathrop this weekend doing course maintenance for the next Spring Series race and the Chalk Creek Stampede... so I won't be able to make ya'lls gig at the Larimer Lounge. I'll try and make the 11th though fo sho!

Punch it, Chewie.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    cool....have fun in nathrop, hope to see you at the lions lair....that place rules.
    BBZ