mtbr member
    Sep 2007

OT: Another job help thread!

Please help me if you can! I am likely to be laid off in 2-6 weeks and have been doing a serious job search since 2/1/08. I know it is a long shot, but I am looking for any contacts at energy companies that have traders. So far I have struck out at Xcel Energy and TransMontaigne (part of Morgan Stanley). There are a number of companies in Denver,and Lakewood that trade liquid natural gas,oil and beginning to trade carbon credits. I'm an ex stock trader and need a junior spot on a desk. Thanks in advance.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Dude! Get laid off and enjoy some time for yourself! You got the rest of your LIFE to work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    LOL!! I just spent five days down in Tucson for 24 ITOP, and I have a serious bike addiction to continue feeding!! (not to mention two little girls). I'd love to be touring Costa Rica, or Australia, but $$ are calling!

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by zevy voom
    LOL!! I just spent five days down in Tucson for 24 ITOP, and I have a serious bike addiction to continue feeding!! (not to mention two little girls). I'd love to be touring Costa Rica, or Australia, but $$ are calling!
    Tell the wife it's her turn.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Try TriState Generation & Transmission (http://tristategt.org/careers.cfm), I don't know anyone on the purchasing side but now others in engineering and environment. Good folks.

Looks like they need market analysts bad. Might be able to ninja some free flights on their KingAirs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the excellent lead! It's very hard to dig up leads, and many of these companies are very large and "below the radar'. If anyone has other ideas PLEASE post them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    bump

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If you're still lookin...I'll second TSG&T. Not sure what sort of paycheck you're scheming for, but they have some openings on the energy resource control side...PM me for more info.
    Citius. Altius. Fortius.