Yappy little dog!

OT: Adopt a Schnauzer

No, not me. One or both of these two cute purebred black miniature schnauzers aged 10 and 11. They need a forever home as their owner's failing health caused her to surrender them at the Foot Hills Animal Shelter. They are trained and in good health. I would take them in a heartbeat if I didn't already have four of my own. I already have enough trouble with my neighbor.

So, if you or someone you know wants the BEST BREED OF DOG EVER (Yeah, I'm a little partial), then give the Foot Hills Animal Shelter (in Golden, on Route 6) a call or visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Good luck with that. They look like cute little dogs. My folks took in an older dog like that a few years ago. He was quite the little gentleman, happy to cruise around the house, hang out for a treat or ear scratch, just good company.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I adopted a schnauzer

Just for a weekend while my neighbors were out of town. Molly and I had a great time together, including a hike on Spring Brook. I liked her better before her haircut.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    im gonna be honest here, it looks like they may have bad breath!

Good luck on this- schnauzers are pretty cool!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Just for a weekend while my neighbors were out of town. Molly and I had a great time together, including a hike on Spring Brook. I liked her better before her haircut.

Awesome, especially pic 2. The schnauzer stance. "I'm getting ready to chase you".

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    We just got a giant schnauzer. At 5 months old she already weighs twice as much as our full grown miniature (50 lbs - 25 lbs).

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by erictw83
    We just got a giant schnauzer. At 5 months old she already weighs twice as much as our full grown miniature (50 lbs - 25 lbs).

Giants are cool, but so much different than a mini. THat's a powerful dog, but those I have met have had great temperaments. Good luck and post of pic of them when you get a chance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I guess Molly is a mini. I "bonded" with her when she was about two days old when her owners brought her home. She is the most un-yappiest little doggie I've ever known. In fact, she never barks. When I took her out for walks on that weekend I sort of didn't know what to expect but what I found was that she's super calm. Never jumpy, never nervous.

She might seem eager to check out other dogs but when they meet nose-to-nose, she just hangs out waiting for the other dog to say something. If I pick her up, she calmly sits in my arms, never flailing away with her hind legs to get down.

I wish I still ran because on the leash she seemed impatient that I wanted to walk, not run.
    Of course, she's only 2 and I'm 150 so there's a bit of an age discrepancy. When her owners bring her out and I happen to be on my way somewhere, she runs over to say hi. Just "hi" then she goes about her business. Not needy, just friendly. Pretty cool doggie.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Giants are cool, but so much different than a mini. THat's a powerful dog, but those I have met have had great temperaments. Good luck and post of pic of them when you get a chance.
    Thanks! I have a bunch photos of her on my camera, though not on the computer yet. I'll hve to sort through them and get some photos up here tomorrow. Esther is going to be really big, but she has a sweet and generally docile temperament and has trained easily thus far. Ironically, (or maybe luckily) thus far she is much mellower than our mini, Bert, who has become quite the little dynamo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Esther the giant schnuazer puppy is on the left, miniature Bert is on the right. Make no mistake, she may be twice his size now, but it it still Bert's house.

https://picasaweb.google.com/storyof...63738518044722

mtbr member
    May 2008
    shall we turn this into the mini schnauzer pic thread...???