Thread: OSAC Last Night

Yappy little dog!

OSAC Last Night

Howdy! Your friendly neighborhood COMBA person here to give you a little tick on what went down last night.

I'll skip the details of a certain person and his antics and move right on to what COMBA was doing.

There was a presentation from a land owner who wants to sell some property to Open Space. Nancy and I used this as a forum to remind OSAC of their promise to look for properties that would allow for bike specific trails. They were quite receptive.

They did not approve the purchase of the property being presented, but they spent most of the time talking about bike specific properties.

I did speak with the land owner after his presentation. I thought he would be mad at me, but he seemed very intrigued by the whole bike specific trails and was offering some suggestions. It was all good and we'll see where it takes us.

It looks like they will most likely build a trail from Hildebrant to Ken Caryl. Lockheed Martin doesn't want to play nice, so it will probably have to switchback over the hogback. Overall, it will make Deer Creek a much larger area.

March 15 still remains the day for Apex trail management changes. The new trails will not be ready until July.

More stuff coming soon! Trail days and weekends, rides, outreach, and more.

Let's make this year a memorable one. Remember, COMBA is your ONLY voice for pro mountain biker initiatives in JeffCo. We support open and free trails for all users. Restrictions are unacceptable.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Thanks for the update, man! Keep up the good work.

not actually bad :)
    Good job Schnauz and YG.
    Hildebrant? Insert confused face dude here:
    So once that trail's built we can all poach the Ken Caryl trails more often??!! Or can we just tell them we know Flyer, and we're good to go?
    Old Codger

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Good job Schnauz and YG.
    Hildebrant? Insert confused face dude here:
    So once that trail's built we can all poach the Ken Caryl trails more often??!! Or can we just tell them we know Flyer, and we're good to go?
    Use the Force, n00B!

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/opensp...ce_T56_R25.htm

not actually bad :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Use the Force, n00B!
    When you changing your screen name to The Mailman - since you always deliver - Bwaaahahahahahahaha
    (Sorry Karl Malone)

There is so much I don't know!!!!!!
    Old Codger

Pivot Rider
    Thanks Schnauzers! Good summary!

OSAC did advise us to keep our peepers open for any land acquisition possibilities that they could entertain as bike friendly type of trails. I felt that was a good beginning and certainly we hope to keep the positivity going with them.

We certainly do thank all of you for your continued support because without all of you we couldn't get er done!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook