mtbr member

Listen! Oredigger MTB Challenge @ SolVista

The Colorado School of Mines Cycling Team is hosting the Oredigger MTB Challenge @ SolVista on September 15 and 16, 2007. Events include XC, STXC, and Downhill.

While this is primarily a collegiate event, we will have Open classes for DH and XC.

The lift is FREE and entry is only $20. All event entry fees for Open categories will be pooled and awarded in cash as follows: 75% Payback for Open categories (DH and XC): 1st - 35%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd - 15%

Race details: http://www.CSMcycling.com

Bring your buddies and enjoy a nice wrap up to your race season at a great resort
    Last edited by bikinbeast; 08-16-2007 at 04:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Cool! I never really even knew a thing about CSM cycling, now I am intrigued.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Csm

I spent 4 1/2 years at that school and never knew about CSM cycling....

If you are an open cat person can you not race STXC? I don't see an Open Short Track category....
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    When did you attend? I revamped the team in 2005 and we've been growing steadily since.

We will not have an open cat short track event as we don't feel we can attract a field large enough to warrant the extra expenses we'd incur (USA cycling fees, etc). However, we'd love to see you in the XC event!

mtbr member
    I will be there Sun for the DH. Can't wait
    SingletrackMind

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Sol

Quote Originally Posted by bikinbeast
    When did you attend? I revamped the team in 2005 and we've been growing steadily since.

We will not have an open cat short track event as we don't feel we can attract a field large enough to warrant the extra expenses we'd incur (USA cycling fees, etc). However, we'd love to see you in the XC event!

That's what I figured with the STXC. I'll do my best to run the XC.

I was there 1994 to 1999.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

ride
    Cool! If I were still racing or fit enough to do it, I'd be there! The XC terrain at Sol Vista is amazing. Super fun dirt singletrack thru aspen groves with great views. I've raced there a handfull of times over the last 10 years - it's always been one of my favorite places to race. The riding is superb.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    After closing their lifts labor day weekend for public use, this is your FINAL CHANCE to get some riding in at SolVista. The lift will be open to racers and spectators during the event.

mtbr member

Listen!

Thank you racers!

We hope you enjoyed this past weekend's event. SolVista proved to be a great venue for stop #2 in the Rocky Mountain Collegiate Series. As always, we're open to suggestions for improvements to the event for next year. Please send feedback to: bturman[at]mines.edu

Congrats to our winners!
    Open DH - Todd Olsen ($270 prize!)
    Open XC - Jason Soyer ($100)
    Men A DH - Matt Fisher
    Men A XC - Colin Cares
    Men A ST - Brian Alders
    Collegiate Single Slalom - Brian Buell
    High Speed was 37mph and a 5-way tie!

FULL RESULTS AVAILABLE HERE

See you at the Ft. Lewis event,

Brandon Turman
    CSM Cycling President