mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Old Flowers Road Question

Any of you Northern Front Range riders know if Old Flowers Road is ever passable in the winter time? Just curious if it's open to bike travel and if the small amount of local traffic packs it down enough to ride it.

Thanks for the info.

slow
    Sounds like you are planning a tough winter ride.
    I am pretty sure the gates are closed all winter, meaning there would be no traffic on it beyond the ranch. Therefore, it might be more efficiently traveled by snowshoes, especially given that much of it is on north-facing slopes.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    I know last year at this time it wasn't bike friendly. It was great if you have snowshoes. Can't really give you any beta for this years conditions. I learned my lesson last year

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupneic
    Any of you Northern Front Range riders know if Old Flowers Road is ever passable in the winter time? Just curious if it's open to bike travel and if the small amount of local traffic packs it down enough to ride it.

Thanks for the info.
    I wouldn't bet on it, it's gated closed so there isn't traffic to pack it down, I'd bet the snow is pretty deep

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Figured as much...

Thanks for the advice. I'm plotting some sort of group mileage ride to attack my cabin fever and I wasn't sure about that area.

Ideas?

mtbr member
    Pueblo - dry and warm.

Road rides - good for cardio.

Trainer - earn your TV time.

Adventure MTB - Pennock Pass as an out and back (out until you get stuck in snow - then back)
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    My buddy just went up to that area with his 4x4 club on sunday and they all eventually had to turn back because the snow was too deep. (waist high right off the road)

ps These guys all have serious rock crawlers.