slow

Old Flowers Road conditions?

Thinking of looping Flowers tomorrow and wondered if anyone had been up there yet this year. Melted out and dry?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Oooo...that sounds fun. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary though so I don't plan on riding much. have fun...

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by llama
    Oooo...that sounds fun. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary though so I don't plan on riding much. have fun...
    Congrats on your years together. Enjoy your day.

We changed our minds and will be riding the skinny tires on the Rist Canyon / Masonville loop instead. Should give us a chance to check out the conditions at Stove Prairie for a Flowers ride in the upcoming weeks.

mtbr member
    Thanks. Have fun on the Rist ride. I think we'll be doing a loop up to Estes Park tomorrow (maybe using Pole HIll Rd).

slow
    Thanks. Have fun on the Rist ride. I think we'll be doing a loop up to Estes Park tomorrow (maybe using Pole HIll Rd).
    Have fun. Rist / Masonville was good this morning. Thinking Flowers next Saturday. Leave town at 6am. Interested?

mtbr member
    Yes, I'm interested. 6am is EARLY but I'll live. How long of a ride is this?

slow
    How long of a ride is this?
    If I remember correctly, it is about 36 miles and about 4-4.5 hours. Plenty of climbing.

Anyone else want to join the fun?

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    If I remember correctly, it is about 36 miles and about 4-4.5 hours. Plenty of climbing.

Wow.... even with all my hike a bike on the last climb, last year, I did it in about that time or less. And that's from a solo Old Fart Z ride pace.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Are you all doing it as an out and back or is there a loop?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    Are you all doing it as an out and back or is there a loop?
    Will loop it. Park at the bottom of Buckhorn Canyon, just west of Stove Prairie road. Ride up Stove Prairie Road to Flowers Road. West to Pingree Park Road. Come back over Pennock Pass into Buckhorn Canyon and return to car.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    Wow.... even with all my hike a bike on the last climb, last year, I did it in about that time or less. And that's from a solo Old Fart Z ride pace.
    Checked GPS data from last ride up there, and it showed 32.25 miles and 3:40 at a relaxed pace with plenty of stops.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Have fun. Rist / Masonville was good this morning. Thinking Flowers next Saturday. Leave town at 6am. Interested?
    Is this an open invitation? I haven't road that for several years and would love to join in.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by volkstech
    Is this an open invitation? I haven't road that for several years and would love to join in.
    You bet! I'll try to keep up with you.

Probably meet at JJ's (Harmony and Taft Hill) at 6 and then head out by 6:15, parked at trail head by 6:45 and wheels down before 7. I'll start an official invite thread tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Any report on Flowers? I have a day off mid week

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust
    Any report on Flowers? I have a day off mid week
    It was great. The water crossings were running fuller than normal and there were lots of puddles, but most of the road surface was tacky to dry. A couple of the usual spots were muddy, but there was only one spot where we had to do a small hike-around. A coule of small diameter trees were down, but it is easy to ride over a 4" log. As of Saturday, there were plenty of bike tracks, but the gates were not yet open for 4 wheel drive use. Assuming Sunday's storm didn't change conditions much, you should be good to go. Have fun.