Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Oh yes! new frame!

Here is my new Nomad! The frame is a small, anno slate. I have been waiting for it for a long time.

I'll be swapping parts over from my Heckler, I would have liked to build it with all new parts but it's not in the budget. It's not that bad though since I have pretty nice stuff on the Heckler.

Thanks to Mojo Wheels for taking great care of me as always! Lisa is the best!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still on Training Wheels!
    I don't think that frame will suit CO trails at all.........

Sweet ride! I know the nomads are a love em' or hate em' thing and well, I love em'!
    What will be your build spec that is comming over from your Heckler?
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    Nice one BBOX! I'll be posting pics of mine in just a few.

I hear ya on the wait. I was waiting for an XL, and gave up...settled for an L. And I'm glad I did!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Parts

Fox 36talas about a year old in great shape still
    Hope M4's! Sweet!
    CK headset
    cheap race face cranks and BB
    321's with cheap hubs
    E13 DRS
    X9 drivetrain

I would like to upgrade the wheels and cranks at some point. Hopefully everything will swap over smoothly!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yo Ryan, you rocking the coil or air?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    Yo Ryan, you rocking the coil or air?
    I wanted the DHX Coil...long story short SC sucks...and I'm rockin' the air for now. Planning on going with a Marz Roco a lil' later. The Roco on the Sunday matched with the 888 is like peanut butter and jelly.

Oh yeah...It's peanut buttah jelly time! Peanut buttah jelly time! Peanut buttah jelly with a baseball bat!!

WORD b!tches
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, I was going back and forth on teh coil myself and just went with the air in the end hopefully it'll work great and not have any problems... I've never had a bike with an air shock. It'll be nice not having to swap springs and whatnot.

Well as long as I'm showing off new toys... my new full face came in yesterday! Check it out... it is sweet!

I'm all about protecting myself this year
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cynical Bystander
    Lookin' good Brent!!! Are we going to see this thing in action at the rpm/yeti race on sunday?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Lookin' good Brent!!! Are we going to see this thing in action at the rpm/yeti race on sunday?
    Thanks Tony!

Nah... I'm not sure if I'm racing MTX at all this year since I was barely hanging on last year in the sport class this year as an expert I would get eatin alive by those guys ...

But I'll be there serving up burgers and beers at the Mojo trailer!

See ya this weekend?

screw road bikes
    Yeah, I was going back and forth on teh coil myself and just went with the air in the end hopefully it'll work great and not have any problems... I've never had a bike with an air shock. It'll be nice not having to swap springs and whatnot.

Well as long as I'm showing off new toys... my new full face came in yesterday! Check it out... it is sweet!

I'm all about protecting myself this year
    How you like that thing? I'm looking to get one pretty soon here. How's sizing run? about normal?
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Cynical Bystander
    Thanks Tony!

Nah... I'm not sure if I'm racing MTX at all this year since I was barely hanging on last year in the sport class this year as an expert I would get eatin alive by those guys ...

But I'll be there serving up burgers and beers at the Mojo trailer!

See ya this weekend?
    Hopefully I'll be up there. Think I can get away with registering without my parents there to sign the waivers?

Also, I haven't the slightest idea how to get there, I know there used to be directions on their site but I can't find them anymore...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hopefully I'll be up there. Think I can get away with registering without my parents there to sign the waivers?

Also, I haven't the slightest idea how to get there, I know there used to be directions on their site but I can't find them anymore...
    Uhhh... I think you can find it

From the springs head west on 24 all the way to 285 then go south a couple of miles and your there.

Should be about 100 miles and about a 2 hour drive

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit
    How you like that thing? I'm looking to get one pretty soon here. How's sizing run? about normal?
    I have not used it yet so I'm not really sure but it looks cool! It seems to fit well, the front part of the full face sit's right in front of my mouth... kinda weird but it's not a fit issue, it's just not what I'm used to. I think breathing hard might be an issue... but I'll have to see.

I went by the sizing chart on the 661 webpage and like I said it fit's well.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Nice ride - that looks like a blast. Watch that helmet - I'm starting to believe that there is a direct relationship between the bling factor of a helmet and the force gravity exerts on it.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Awesome, Brent! I'ts gonna be sweet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thanks guys!

After one last ride today on the Heckler I'm going to start swapping!

Cynical Bystander
    Uhhh... I think you can find it

From the springs head west on 24 all the way to 285 then go south a couple of miles and your there.

Should be about 100 miles and about a 2 hour drive
    Will it be obvious where the race is from the highway?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Will it be obvious where the race is from the highway?
    Yes (only becuase the race this weekend though), you have to park right off of the highway and then take the shuttle or ride to the MTX course. You are going to see a bunch of cars/people/bikes etc at the parking area.

user-created
    A small? What's the ETT on that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    A small? What's the ETT on that?
    The SC web site says 21.9... why?

user-created
    The SC web site says 21.9... why?
    Just that a small seems... small. If you're comfortable with it that's all that matters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Just that a small seems... small. If you're comfortable with it that's all that matters.
    Yeah... I could go either way but my medium Heckler is 22.5 and the medium Nomad is 22.8 which felt a little long. The 21.9 S Nomad TT seemed like the way to go.

When I started to build it up the first thing I looked for was to see if the fork was going to hit the downtube and it does... So i just ordered and new crown race from Ventana that should fix it. I have heard of other small SC bikes having this issue.

Cynical Bystander
    Yeah... I could go either way but my medium Heckler is 22.5 and the medium Nomad is 22.8 which felt a little long. The 21.9 S Nomad TT seemed like the way to go.

When I started to build it up the first thing I looked for was to see if the fork was going to hit the downtube and it does... So i just ordered and new crown race from Ventana that should fix it. I have heard of other small SC bikes having this issue.
    Hey Brent, are you still getting rid of the Heckler frame?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hey Brent, are you still getting rid of the Heckler frame?
    Yes and it now has a brand new front triangle, new bearings and a new dropout. The frame is brand new except the rear and the 5th Element. $500.00 and it's yours.

Rides Uphill Slow
    Here is my new Nomad! The frame is a small, anno slate. I have been waiting for it for a long time.

I'll be swapping parts over from my Heckler, I would have liked to build it with all new parts but it's not in the budget. It's not that bad though since I have pretty nice stuff on the Heckler.

Thanks to Mojo Wheels for taking great care of me as always! Lisa is the best!
    My buddy just got his together and we were in Fruita for the virgin rides this weekend. He loves it. I took it for a few spins and the DHX air feels real nice. I've been thinking of replacing my Heckler with one of those now. Great bike for sure. You'll love it. It climbs like a billy goat too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast