Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549

    Oh how I have missed these trails.....

    I love Palmer Park, everytime I ride there I am all smiles. The weather was great, conditions were awesome and folks were friendly. I managed to get in a few different loops while there. I love all the technical and chunk provided. The erosion was noticeable in spots, not bad in others, and some made the trails even more fun!




































  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Liquidmantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    304
    Man, still have to spread some rep. Very impressive how your bike cleaned all that. Mine just lies there and expects me to do all the work. Yeah, my bike too.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidmantis View Post
    Man, still have to spread some rep. Very impressive how your bike cleaned all that. Mine just lies there and expects me to do all the work. Yeah, my bike too.
    It took a lot of training, but it's amazing how fast the Trek learns! HAHAHA!!!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big Bald Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    116
    Dang I missed a chance to have a Funrover sighting right here in town. I went and rode moto instead of Pedaling so I blew it.

    We are pretty spoiled having Palmer Park right in the middle of town.

    Glad you had fun, as always thanks for the pics.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bald Clyde View Post
    Dang I missed a chance to have a Funrover sighting right here in town. I went and rode moto instead of Pedaling so I blew it.

    We are pretty spoiled having Palmer Park right in the middle of town.

    Glad you had fun, as always thanks for the pics.
    That is where I cut my MTB teeth in a way. Grew up in CS. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

  6. #6
    Grams Light Bikes
    Reputation: pastajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,272
    Going down TGap by the houses towards Austin Bluffs is chunky for sure, and would be pretty tough on a hardtail.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    Going down TGap by the houses towards Austin Bluffs is chunky for sure, and would be pretty tough on a hardtail.
    It was a blast! You really enjoy the FS more after a ride on a hardtail!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,356
    Cut my tech teeth on Templeton and Edna Mae starting in '98. Got to ride there in July this year for a few hours. Moved away three years ago to SW Missouri (because I'm a moron). Absolutely miss that park. Managed to clean the sick switchback above the horse stables though (I have video somewhere)...on the 2nd run at it. That made me pretty freaking happy.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    Cut my tech teeth on Templeton and Edna Mae starting in '98. Got to ride there in July this year for a few hours. Moved away three years ago to SW Missouri (because I'm a moron). Absolutely miss that park. Managed to clean the sick switchback above the horse stables though (I have video somewhere)...on the 2nd run at it. That made me pretty freaking happy.
    Awesome, that is a rough descent!

  10. #10
    Team Velveeta™
    Reputation: TomP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    Cut my tech teeth on Templeton and Edna Mae starting in '98...
    I graduated from UNC in Spring of '90 and promptly moved down to the Springs to be unemployed and lay around watching TV on my girlfriend's couch. Lived at Woodmen and Union, and I would almost daily ride to Academy on Dublin, cross over and then ride in the Pulpit Rocks/UCCS area. At that time, it was almost all open space. There were old cars and refrigerators out there. It was fun.

    Different there now.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

    "I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Similar Threads

  1. so what have I missed?
    By NateHawk in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-15-2012, 03:45 PM
  2. Have I missed something ...
    By SteveM in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM
  3. Have I missed these?
    By TheKevman in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
  4. Missed Connections
    By Unknown Kowalski in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •