Thread: Officially Here

Yappy little dog!

Officially Here

Well, now I'm an official Colorado resident. I spent the past two days looking for the future permanent residence. I'm still pushing the family for Golden but I'm getting pressure about the Deer Creek area of Littleton. Anyone got info on that? Schools, crime, some sort of life?

I've been here four days and have yet to ride. I'm hoping this weekend will get me out to the trails. So if you are riding this weekend, let me know.

slow
    Welcome.

Did you take I-70 or I-80?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Welcome.

Did you take I-70 or I-80?
    Ended up taking I-80 for what was a very boring ride. No traffic at all, but the tolls are ridiculous. 1750+ miles in 26.5 hours.

mtbr member

Smile welcome...

both areas are nice... i grew up not far from dear creek in littleton, and now live in golden.

golden has great access: denver, boulder, or west up the mountains; not to mention the great OS trails just a stone's throw away: white ranch, chimney gulch, apex, etc.

don't think you'll go wrong w/ either location though.

(P.S. might i suggest you check out comba.org while you're at it).

cheers.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    (P.S. might i suggest you check out comba.org while you're at it).
    You COMBA pusher you

Hey, schnauzers, welcome!!

I'll be in Steamboat tomorrow sampling some excellent singletrack with my frame builder and picking up my new Ti frame .... oh yeah!! Guesses on who that builder might be? Pics forthcoming in the 29'er forum.

So Sunday I'll be back but hittin' it pretty hard, probably in the Buff Creek/Pine Valley area unless some other brilliant idea strikes me. Hittin' it pretty hard means early start and long day so I doubt it'll work out for you but I'm looking forward to showing a fellow former NJ mtb'er around the CO wonderland. PM me for any further info.

Get out and ride and have fun!!

Ed E

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    I'll be in Steamboat tomorrow sampling some excellent singletrack with my frame builder and picking up my new Ti frame .... oh yeah!! Guesses on who that builder might be? Pics forthcoming in the 29'er forum.
    Erikson?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Erikson?
    If an 'o' were an 'e' and an 'e' an 'o' you'd be in the know

Ed E

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Welcome Schnauzers...

to this wonderful place we call home. As was stated above, both Golden and west Littleton are nice places to live. Schools are good, low crime, typical suburbia.

I'll be riding in Summit County tomorrow and you're welcome to join in but seeing as how it will be your first ride in CO, may not be a good idea to head up to 11,500 ft. So have fun what ever you choose to ride.

frmbp.org - paying it forward

mtbr member
    I am not there yet but welcome. I wish i was you because Its so damm hot here in Houston its not funny. good luck and ride whne you have time. I cant wait to hear were you have gone so i can get to know it as well.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klein_Christopher
    I am not there yet but welcome. I wish i was you because Its so damm hot here in Houston its not funny. good luck and ride whne you have time. I cant wait to hear were you have gone so i can get to know it as well.
    I was going to ride White Ranch today as a warm up to the area, but the real estate agent kept me busy from 9 to 5! I'll try it tomorrow. My biggest fear is getting lost.