Thread: NREL Assistance

mtbr member

NREL Assistance

Morning Everyone,

I'm interested in exploring some opportunities at the NREL in Golden, and wanted to know if anyone is currently working for them, or is acquainted with someone that works there? I've had a long career in Technology Startups and Telecommunications, and am interested in finding that opportunity where I can make a difference, ride my bike to work (MTN, Road, SS, etc), and have a good quality of life.

I live in Lakewood, and would be interestd in networking with anyone that may have some insight.

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Last edited by UncleTrail; 02-16-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Oh, So Interesting!
    They did get money to hire new employees... I'm not sure what the application process is though. A PhD would help, but a Masters is ok as long as you plan on finishing your PhD... I'll be graduating in May with a BS in ME, and they're not interested in giving me an internship even after I took their wind energy class and did my Sr. Project with them... it would need to be through a grad school prof., and I have no money so I need to work instead of go to grad school... but I can tell you after doing my Sr. Project with them that the red tape and hassle UT spoke of is in full effect. Funding issues have pretty much ruined my Sr. Project, so my disappointment with not getting a grad level internship is fading fast...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.