Colorado

Not Another JefCo Thread

I think some rocks are missing from Deer Creek Canyon.

Also, it's raining, good news. We need to pack down all this loose dirt here.

mtbr member
    No rocks are missing from Deer Creek. The one spot where they should "actually try to make easier they didn't. I wouldn't lose sleep at night if they "cleaned up the area from the bridge to the wall. I havn't seen a person clean that spot except the guy on youtube in 3 years. I absolutley hate walking up those steps.

Erik

Colorado
    Bring back the STOKE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    No rocks are missing from Deer Creek. The one spot where they should "actually try to make easier they didn't. I wouldn't lose sleep at night if they "cleaned up the area from the bridge to the wall. I havn't seen a person clean that spot except the guy on youtube in 3 years. I absolutley hate walking up those steps.

Erik
    I really hope you are kidding. Challenge is the very purpose and backbone of mountain biking. Just because one cannot clean a section does not mean that it should be made easier. Analogously, that would be like cutting down Corbett's Couloir in Jackson or closing Baldy Chutes in Alta because they are just too difficult and scary for most people.

I, for one, have come very close to cleaning the Wall at Deer Creek. For whatever reason, I make it all the way to the top and then end up dabbing after I get my front wheel over that last little ledge. I know I can ultimately clean it, but I only ride that trail about once a year due to its location. A few more cracks at it and I will have it. Nevertheless, I always eagerly look forward to trying the Wall everytime I head out there.

Knowing there is something that very few people can ride makes for an excellent benchmark for individuals to test their meddle. Without such challenges, everyone could ride everything and that would defeat the purpose of a sport as challenging as mountain biking. Please do not advocate ruining a trail just because you cannot make it and do not like hiking around it. If you can't ride it, strive for it.

If you were joking, then please consider my post to be another ubiquitous rant about the evils of trail sanitation.