Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yappy little dog!

North Table Mountain: The Movie

A tribute to my backyard, six years in the making.

mtbr member
    I like it! good capture of the cool lighting in the AM as well as PM. it would have been cool to get some of the old now closed sections on there too, my favorite is the rim farthest west, near the black hole pit and the one that winds down to the south. Im getting up there every other day or so, when do you ride it most often?

650b me
    Nicely done! You guys amaze me with what you're putting together these days. I can't even be bothered to stop and take snapshots.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Cup View Post
    I like it! good capture of the cool lighting in the AM as well as PM. it would have been cool to get some of the old now closed sections on there too, my favorite is the rim farthest west, near the black hole pit and the one that winds down to the south. Im getting up there every other day or so, when do you ride it most often?
    I have plenty of photos from the old trails. It's my fault for waiting six years to finally shoot video of NTM.

I start at my house on the North side (the bridge in the opening), stay low and head to the west service road. Once up there I just ride figure 8's or circles until I am tired, then down the waterfall and back around. I did check out the new stuff. Interesting trail building technique (pour gravel on grass and flatten). Looks like some cool stuff when it gets to the valley. We shall see.

mtbr member

Good job!

Deja vu, just finished my loop an hour ago. Nicely done.

mtbr member
    Always impressed with your photography and cinematography. Good work

I still haven't ridden here. Maybe I need to go check it out.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Just curious Schnauz and others, do most of you go straight up the road?

Since I'm starting from the Golden parking lot I always take the singletrack that winds around the watertower and meets up with the main road 2/3rds of the way up. Or at least until they close the little access trail now that I am 8 feet away from riding the damn thing clean. But even after they close the little access trail I would think I will still take the dirt road off the main road that connects over to the watertower singletrack. If for no other reason then it gives a little break in the climbing and it's singletrack and that can never be a worse option.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGolden View Post
    Just curious Schnauz and others, do most of you go straight up the road?

Since I'm starting from the Golden parking lot I always take the singletrack that winds around the watertower and meets up with the main road 2/3rds of the way up. Or at least until they close the little access trail now that I am 8 feet away from riding the damn thing clean. But even after they close the little access trail I would think I will still take the dirt road off the main road that connects over to the watertower singletrack. If for no other reason then it gives a little break in the climbing and it's singletrack and that can never be a worse option.
    I could be wrong, but I think the piece of singletrack you take is City of Golden property. I start from my house, which is in Tablerock. Before they built the new trail on the lower north, I used to climb up the north access road. Now, I swing around and take the west access road. I have never climbed up the waterfall and I don't think you could even pay me to do it.

If I am not lazy and because the patrol log is in the restrooms, I end up riding the new trail three times to log in and log out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the piece of singletrack you take is City of Golden property. I start from my house, which is in Tablerock.

I have never climbed up the waterfall and I don't think you could even pay me to do it.
    Its certainly City of Golden property, but I know a guy and think I could get you cleared to use it if you would like, hell your mail says Golden on it doesn't it?

I know I'm at least a little curious about climbing up the waterfall area, not saying I'm going to try it anytime soon, but I am curious. I'm sure XCGuy will come along and tell us how to do it

Thanks for the video and the patrol work you do

mtbr member
    So is this waterfall climb the one that is steep as sh*t when you do north table loop into mesa top trail clockwise? Cause that was an intense pitch.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    So is this waterfall climb the one that is steep as sh*t when you do north table loop into mesa top trail clockwise? Cause that was an intense pitch.
    No, the waterfall is on the east. It would actually be shorter to climb that way, but then you lose the singletrack descent. The waterfall is just a straight fall line plunge to the east. Probably the most poorly planned trail in JeffCo, but it's fun. The first year I was out here I was terrified of the thing. When it's wet or icy it's dicey.

The service road (north) is steeper over a longer distance.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Probably the most poorly planned trail in JeffCo,
    I bet is started out as not a "planned" trail at all... I could be wrong...

mtbr member
    bob, you should try avoiding the road sometime to "mix it up" and take the new trail around the west side to the north climb (above table rock). from there do whatever, descend the water fall and back around the north to the west side.

the water fall "up" isn't necessarily steeper (in fact probably less grade), but just super chunky and rocky.

sadly, the fun line down the waterfall has been relegated to the more popular (and less wet) easier line to the right.

IMBA/COMBA built some new trail at the bottom of the east side, which at some point (maybe already happened) will be gone over again w/ a sweco and machine-cut finished to replace the social/game trail.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    Fun!

mtbr member
    May 2009

I really enjoyed the movie. Thanks.

NTM or NoTaMo as I like to call it is my "local" hill as well. I ride there 3-4 times per week, mostly on M-F. It's a great place to go during the work week for a good 1 hour workout at lunch or in the evening. In fact, I was there last night.

If I'm doing my quick lunch time route, I start at the small trail head on the north side on W58th and then I go around clockwise, up the waterfall. I swear I have cleaned the super-steep part immediately adjacent to the waterfall 3 times in the last 5 years. Only one time did I have a witness tho. Knowing that I've done in the past keeps me trying.

I love this mountain and your video did it justice.

mtbr member
    NTM is in my backyard and we ride there a fair bit. If you ever see a tandem mtb up there, it's likely my wife and I. Had the chance to experience a couple of sunrises this week from up there and it was outstanding (sorry, no pics). Looking forward to the opening of new singletrack on the South/Souteast side.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    As a former resident from apple meadows- sadly ive never ridden here- but appears worthy of my time.

may just have to venture out more!

Schnauz- nicely done vid
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    As a former resident from apple meadows- sadly ive never ridden here- but appears worthy of my time.

may just have to venture out more!

Schnauz- nicely done vid
    Thank you. I wouldn't make a special trip for NTM. At most you'll get 7 miles.

p0P
    Nice vid. Like the track... "Jem" if I'm not mistaken?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by leepatrick33 View Post
    Nice vid. Like the track... "Jem" if I'm not mistaken?

You are correct. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Good Video. Well Done.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Thanks for spotlighting NTM!

Nice video which shows off NTM while practicing soft riding. NTM is one of my favorite areas to hike and bike. Like another world up there. I hope the now-closed trail from the top of the Rim Trail (seasonally closed) down to the top of the waterfall on the east side gets some JCOS attention and is eventually reopened.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nice

I rode the NTM loop TH evening. Great video. Thanks.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGeezer View Post
    Nice video which shows off NTM while practicing soft riding. NTM is one of my favorite areas to hike and bike. Like another world up there. I hope the now-closed trail from the top of the Rim Trail (seasonally closed) down to the top of the waterfall on the east side gets some JCOS attention and is eventually reopened.

Thanks.

The trail will be reopened in July. It's closed for raptor nesting (not that I have ever seen a nest on that side, but oh well).

mtbr member
    I couldnt resist taking the southern trail the other day, there are no closed signs, so I didn't feel to bad about it. I was amazed by the perspective of riding along the south ridge line with teh cliffs to my left. There is a fork about a mile down the canyon, I took the left route for the first time. It wound up close to the cliffs, then down and back upt hte second canyon. I had to hike here and there, but it was pretty interesting terrain. I did pop out into the back of a closed sign, but iif jeffco started it on the otherside, surely they'll let people finish out the loop eventually. pretty cool way to see the golden valley and the cliffs from that altitude.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast