mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Nordic Ski Tuning Clinic

For all you nordic skiiers out there:

Your Group Ride will be hosting a FREE Nordic Ski Tuning clinic on Wednesday January 23rd at Backcountry Provisions- Fort Collins from 6-8pm. Phil White, a former Swix tech rep, will be demonstrating how to maintain your gear and tune your gear for specific conditions. The right wax can make the difference between a good day out and a very bad one.

The BCP kitchen will be open for the event.

Please share this event with your skiing buddies.

This event is brought to you for free thanks to the support of the following Your Group Ride - Fort Collins Cycling advertisers:

Backcountry Provisons
    The Rio
    El Monte
    Allen Service
    Long Green Planning Group
    Fossil Ridge Animal Hospital
    Spex Optical
    Ronny Bush- State Farm Agent
    Peloton Cycles
    FCBikes
    Mike Weber- Keller Williams
    New Belgium
    Ned Smith CPA
    Fitness Source
    The Athletic Improvement Center
    BRAAAP Nutrition

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The Nordic Ski clinic is going to be hands on! Bring skis, wax and tuning gear if you it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Who is Phil White you ask?
    Bio: I worked for Swix Sport USA for 10 years, performing racing service around the Rocky Mountains, but also at national events like the Birkie in Wisc. (with 10,000 skiers), Junior & Senior Nordic Nationals, NCAA Championships and the Masters World Cup. My focus was on Nordic, but I also had the opportunity to perform racing service at X Games & World Cup events, as well as alpine Junior Olympics, alpine Nationals, Ski/Snowboard Nationals, NASTAR Nationals, and a variety of high school & citizens events. I was also responsible for creating online wax recommendations for the Rocky Mountain region (CO, WY, UT, NM) for Swix Racing US. I put on numerous wax clinics, for consumers as well as retail shops. In addition, I worked with retailers and consumers at demos, trade shows and ski shops around the US. I also worked extensively with athletes and coaches in all the snowsport disciplines, particularly at the development level.
    I live in Steamboat Springs, and currently try to spend more time skiing with my kids than waxing skis & boards.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The Nordic Ski Tuning Clinic is tomorrow, Wednesday January 23rd.
    Its FREE and hands on so bring your skis, wax and tuning gear if you have it.