mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Nissan Dealer recommendations?

Hi, I am curious if anyone has any suggestions for a Nissan dealer ship in CO, prefer the front range, but willing to drive. Looking to pick up a 07 or 08 Xterra. Thanks for the help. BR

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Wheatridge Cyclery!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Sorry no recommendations, but after dealing with their service department I would not spend my money at Empire in Lakewood.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks, that is helpful as well. Appreciate it. BR

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Stay away from Larry Miller. Tynans on Havana seems to be good

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Heard good things about Woodmen Nissan in north Colorado Springs. Don't have a Nissan and don't use them - but they seem to be highly rated...

Rolling

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Buy from the auction. Nissan dumps cars at the Denver auction. Never buy from a dealer.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    I recently bought my Nissan Frontier from a dealership in CA. Searching on cars.com and autotrader, it was apparent that we pay more for cars like those then elsewhere in the country. You can either do all the legwork yourself long distance (arrange a mechanic to check it out, arrange transport) or you can pay someone to search and facilitate the deal. I used this guy and while I was 100% satisfied with his services, if I was to do it again I think I'd do all the legwork myself.

I did test drive at Boulder Nissan, and will say that they were pretty chill and laid back for a stealership, they were not high pressure, but I didn't have enough interaction with them to truly recommend them.

mtbr member

Go Nissan 104th

I actually work at Go Nissan on 104th. I work in the parts and service area of the dealership, but do know a lot of the salesman. Sure there are a few not so awesome salesmen, but there are also a few cool ones. I could also split the comission with you - $50 Was a tech for almost 10 years, so have a lot of insight on your Xterra too.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've been decently happy with Tynans in FTC

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I got my 2007 Xterra this year. I tried all the dealers and Go Nissan were by far the best, The CoS dealers were the worst to work with. I did get mine from the usedcarwarehouse in Denver - I recommend them.

Just make sure to get an Xterra with under 60K miles. There's a problem with the timing chain on 06-10 models that can be fixed under warranty otherwise it's around $600. Go Nissan Arapahoe did the warranty work and did a great job.

mtbr member
    I'm with JasonVelocity.

Nissan dumps all their cars at the Denver Auto Auction (not all brands do this), and you can get them there for $2k - $6k less than the sticker price. You're getting them for what dealers get them for. Only dealers and brokers are allowed in there though.

I have an auto broker who just saved me $4k on a slightly used Mazda6, and he saved my director $3k on a Nissan Armada. I almost bought a Murano with 20k miles on it, but missed the $17k bid by $500. You can get these things CHEAP there.

My broker charges a flat $500 on top of auction or final price (plus the registration fees)...can't beat it, and there is NO pressure at all. He's an awesome broker...about 60 something years old, super nice guy who loves to talk cars. There's also a closed circuit that dealers sell cars through when they can't sell it themselves.

He even reimbursed me for new brakes, because his car inspector missed it on the inspection after buying it. Full garauntee on it.

message me if you want his number.

Scott

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    My guy also charges $500 and is 60 something. I wonder if that is a requirement to be a broker

It took me a couple of months, but I was able to get the truck I wanted for far less then any sleazy dealer was charging.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    damn, where was this thread when I was looking a few months ago? I was trying to find a reputable broker to do just what you guys said.

mtbr member
    If you are willing to support Boulder business after all the latest bs, Boulder Nissan has always been really good to work with. I am still torn trying to decide if I want to spend money in Boulder anymore. Maybe I'll start doing my own oil changes even though it sucks in an apartment parking lot.

mtbr member
    the used car guy at boulder nissan is kind of an a$$hole.. i wouldn't go there.. the guy that runs it i think his name is jason seems nice but like i said the used car manager is just kind of a jerk... plenty of places to find an xterra in this metro... i just bought a pathfinder //g
    My Current Stable:
    Yeti 303 RDH | Yeti 575 | Yeti dirtjumper

mtbr member
    Maybe try GO Nissan Southwest. We debated getting another Pathfinder a couple months ago but went for a new 4Runner. Dealer seemed okay, but didn't ever go behind closed doors to talk so who knows.
    Jenn