single track ****

night ride invite for tonight & thur

Meeting up for ride this evening at Mtn. High in Loveland about 7:15 if any front rangers want to join. Planning on meeting up thur eve also, but at Redstone Bike in Lyons at 7:30.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Where are you riding tonight?

single track ****

no set agenda

Quote Originally Posted by mtn hack
    Where are you riding tonight?

I usually see who shows, and take it from there. I'm game for anything if you've got something in mind. If not, I'm sure we'll dream up something fun.

Are you thinking road, or off-road? Are there even options of riding off-road, with the expected heat wave today?

single track ****

off road for sure

Quote Originally Posted by mtn hack
    Are you thinking road, or off-road? Are there even options of riding off-road, with the expected heat wave today?

It'll be cold enough tonight. Much better for trails than trying to ride them during the day. If not, we can drive for 20 min up canyon, and ride a little higher up. Lately, the only road I've been riding is from Larry shop to backbone, horsetooth, and general backroad riding trying to connect pieces of single track.

ride

yeehaw

I'm in for Thursday. Bern says he's been going up to LG lately, the snowpack has been good and it hasn't been icy. That could change in a cuple days, though.

Anyway, I'm down for whatever.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

I am out for tonight. I will be here at work till at least 7pm.

Have fun.

My cup runneth over
    Be interested to know how the lower elevations looked/rode. It doesn't seem like it has been getting cold enough early enough to make the lower elevation rideable. Post back and let us know if you can.

Thanks.

"I want it now!"
    i've been thinking of doing some night riding this winter but am new to this concept. what kind of lighting systems do you need? will a helmet light work just fine, or is it a huge investment to make it work? thanks.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruca Salt
    i've been thinking of doing some night riding this winter but am new to this concept. what kind of lighting systems do you need? will a helmet light work just fine, or is it a huge investment to make it work? thanks.
    I use a bar light and a helmet light for really technical night riding. The bar light points where the bike is going, but you can look at further surroundings with a helmet light. The helmet light works great on switchbacks, too - with just a bar mount, some switchbacks require a leap of faith. Having the 2 seperate lights really helps me with depth perception. That said, the price of the super duper bright HID lights is starting to come down a bit. With a bad boy like that, a helmet light alone would be good in any situation.

I used just a bar mount solo forever, though, and it got the job done. You can get decent lights these days for a nominal commitment and just a helmet light by itself is sufficient for most riding.

Night riding is great.
    Last edited by ignazjr; 01-19-2005 at 08:56 PM.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

single track ****

helmet alone works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Veruca Salt

I use just a single helmet mount, and it works fine for me. I've got this one: http://www.jetlites.com/psb_ss.html The adjustable beam gives me 2-4 hrs burntime. Before getting helmet I had bar mount light, and I prefer the helmet mount for looking around corners, changing flats, and going with me when I wipe out. It's prob the best dollar to fun cycling related thing I've ever bought. Mtn High Cycles in Loveland sells jet, and usually has a loaner system to try, and Ignazjr may do light systems also out of redstone bike in Lyons.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    I use just a single helmet mount, and it works fine for me. I've got this one: http://www.jetlites.com/psb_ss.html The adjustable beam gives me 2-4 hrs burntime. Before getting helmet I had bar mount light, and I prefer the helmet mount for looking around corners, changing flats, and going with me when I wipe out. It's prob the best dollar to fun cycling related thing I've ever bought. Mtn High Cycles in Loveland sells jet, and usually has a loaner system to try, and Ignazjr may do light systems also out of redstone bike in Lyons.
    Yep, but I'm partial to Niterider and BLT.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

"I want it now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Yep, but I'm partial to Niterider and BLT.
    thanks for the good advice. ill go get a light and try a night ride tomorrow - yippee!

Perpetually single track
    awesome...you'll love it.