Goat of Legend

Nice longish ride for a cold snowy day (now w/ pics)

Finally decided to get out and ride this morning. Glad I did cause I got me some freshies!

From the House, Addenbrooke Park, Kipling Bike Path, Smith Reservoir, Kendrick Lake Park, Garrison Bike Path, The StoneHouse Trail, BCLP trails, Morrison Bike Path, Red Rocks entrance 3, up to the Amphitheater, Red Rocks Trail, Matthew Winters, Dakota Ridge, Zorro, Lower Traverse of GM, Alameda Bike Path back to Garrison and the house. Whoot!

Smith Reservoir bike path

P2220006

The Stonehouse Trail

P2220009

P2220010

The Spillway trail at Bear Creek Lake Park

P2220012

Climbing into the Red Rocks

P2220016

A Kerkove inspired moment

P2220018

Views

P2220023

P2220028

Dakota Ridge

P2220030

Getting ready to go down Zorro

P2220032

Ran into That Guy

P2220033

and Lubes on Green Mtn

P2220034

Got home and discovered some minor frost bite on my back where my frozen coat was pulling up. Guess that's what I get for being out for 5ish hours on a cold winter's day.

P2220036
    Last edited by mountaingoatepics; 02-21-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: adding pictures

What?

I got out as well

Hit up the Pueblo res South Shore. From Red Gate Rock Canyon to south Shore to Pedros Point, Outer Limits, Waterfall, back up Cuatro Sinko. It snowed the whole time but zero accumulation. Brought my dog with me, cause she was the only one that would come.

Fixed and single.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics
    Finally decided to get out and ride this morning. Glad I did cause I got me some freshies!

From the House, Addenbrooke Park, Kipling Bike Path, Smith Reservoir, Kendrick Lake Park, Garrison Bike Path, The StoneHouse Trail, BCLP trails, Morrison Bike Path, Red Rocks entrance 3, up to the Amphitheater, Red Rocks Trail, Matthew Winters, Dakota Ridge, Zorro, Lower Traverse of GM, Alameda Bike Path back to Garrison and the house. Whoot!

I'll get some pictures up in a bit...Flickr is being slow today.
    Rad.
    "Those are some good humans."

mtbr member
    I rode from home today too. Got about 30 miles and 3k of climbing in and around "the Ranch"... it took a very sad, and painful 4:45. Not being being able to stand and pedal the SS in snow, plus the power sucking affect of the powder made for tough day.

Did I mention I love my Niner (even though she hurt me plenty today). xoxoxo

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics

Slacker!

Goat of Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Slacker!
    No doubt! I wanted to climb Falcon and Grapevine today but the missus had something to do in afternoon and that meant I needed to be home to wrangle the youngins.
    Last edited by mountaingoatepics; 02-21-2010 at 05:35 PM.

hehe ...you said "member"
    av_boy,
    glad to hear you like that new rig!
    Even better to see her out in the snow!
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There seems to be a common thread here. Those crazy enough to ride single speeds are also crazy enough to ride them for 5 hours in that cold. "Longish ride"? I'll say!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Goat of Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    There seems to be a common thread here. Those crazy enough to ride single speeds are also crazy enough to ride them for 5 hours in that cold. "Longish ride"? I'll say!
    Ha, Ha ...That's where the internal Gear fools em again! I've got a gear range of 34-15 to 34-32 or so with the use of the Alfine.

Snow lovin Alfine

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Hey i was in training.......

Poutine the local snacks at a hockey game:
    (that is fries, gravy, and some kind of cheese curds)
    Name:  poutine.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  54.1 KB

and ketchup chips.......
    Name:  ketchup chips.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  27.5 KB

Truth be told i only sampled the poutine and a few of the ketchup chips. Although tasty i dont think i could have eaten a whole portion of either of those.

Now back to ride my laziness off!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Poutine is to be consumed at wee hours of the morning when your gut is filled with booze! Makes that morning much more bearable.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Poutine is to be consumed at wee hours of the morning when your gut is filled with booze! Makes that morning much more bearable.

_MK

That is what i was told! Although never had that opportunity, guess i'll have to go back!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Rolling
    mmmm poontang!...

.....I mean poutine.

mtbr member
    Eating poutine when you're not in Québec is like eating italian food in a Chinatown... Never a good idea

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Way to get after it man. I had a hall pass sunday too, but I spent 5 1/2 hours at the bar carbo loading.

My cup runneth over
    That was a monster ride in the snow. Congrats. I can't say I have EVER had a good time riding Dakota Ridge in the snow . This snow was super fine and powdery (cold temps, I guess) and it made traction even more problematic than usual. Thanks for the stoke.

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Snowy rides

I was about to head out on the snow bike yesterday afternoon and opted for the xc skiis instead and boy am I glad I did. Skiied up and down Apex and Enchanted and it was sooo sweet. Several inched of fresh with a nice base underneath.

Kind of hoping to hit it again today although the melt may be on in full force.

Can I get busted for skiing down EF on an off day?
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

Yappy little dog!
    Nice!