Home of the Gravedigger

New Years Eve Castle Rock Snow Ride

I just road around the neighborhood, but conditions were perfect. The below freezing temps made the snow pack down nicely. Full traction, no slipping. We only had about 5", so it was not too deep.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Nice! I really dig your bike--I need one of those!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

My Snow Ride

how do those new boots work for you Kaber?
    I just got in a short ride on the highline.
    cold and fun ,the half fat works pretty darn well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Years Eve Castle Rock Snow Ride-snow-ride-12-31-10-001.jpg  

New Years Eve Castle Rock Snow Ride-snow-ride-12-31-10-002.jpg  

New Years Eve Castle Rock Snow Ride-snow-ride-12-31-10-003.jpg  

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Sweet, J. We got our Castle Rock snow ride this morning, also! First ride on the Pugs, and it definitely rocks in the snow... Hope you don't mind me posting some pics in your thread - if so just let me know! lol

Everyone had a blast - grins all around...

Well, except for the Grinch

Home of the Gravedigger
    Maverick,

The Keen boots rock on the bike. It almost seems like they made them for snow biking. Warm plus full ankle articulation.

JSD,

Everyone is welcome to add snow biking pictures. Ridgeline is a great trail for snow biking. It is tough in deep snow, but todays snow was the perfect depth. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Alaskan in exile.

I rode HM this morning...

... but rode up Pleasant View Rd instead of the switchbacks. It was a good choice, because it was SLIPPERY out there! I would have been pushing most of the way up the mesa. It was especially slick anywhere the trail travels over slab rock. The rock garden was challenging to say the least! At least coming back down the switchbacks was okay.

I'm thinking of riding Ridgeline tomorrow morning. I'll probably have to bundle up like this again:
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

Free your heel...
    Kjaber, what trails are those? The snow fall over the landscape is keeping me guessing. Cool bikes by the way.

Home of the Gravedigger
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot
    Kjaber, what trails are those? The snow fall over the landscape is keeping me guessing. Cool bikes by the way.
    The trails don't really have a name. They run through a huge field in Founders Village Castle Rock. They are boring in the summer but make for perfect snow biking every time.

Stayin' Puft

OK, I'll pile on...

Not usually a photog when riding, but this was the christening snowride of the new paintjob on the winter steed. A fine ride it was, too. Not Castle Rock...but...almost Castle Pines (North).

Big wheels, fatt-ish anyway.

Fixin...I hate the sound of pinch-brakes in the winter.

I've posted this bike before, mostly not new but I do have this sweet headset to go with the new paint. I think I like the Cane Creek 100 better than the 110. Anti-bling.

Solo ride today, but I did see a few of the locals I know hanging out back by the trails.

Looking forward to some sunny snowrides, for sure the quickie local loop took me twice as long easily today, but a good way to bring on some winter fitness.

Happy New Year y'all...

The 5th knuckle
    That's sharp. I took the boys out to play today in the snow for about 20 min before they said it was coco time. 5 degrees is a bit much for a candy like me.

mtbr member
    Look at all the great ways to play!! Great pics.