Back in the saddle

New video riding new trail work in FoCo

Overland Mountain Bike Club did some trail work last weekend. I rode it the next day, so here's some documentation of the new stuff.

The first segment is of some stone work we did on Shoreline. The second segment is of some new ramps on the Reservoir Ridge staircase. That one is a little harder to climb, but rideable.

A huge thanks goes out to all the folks that worked on both features. It was a cold, windy day, but everything got done and it's awesome! Great Job!

http://www.vimeo.com/23280888

slow
    Thanks to all who worked on these. It is nice to be able to ride that section on the ridge, now. I'm not excited about the trail armor on Shoreline as it really slowed that section of the descent, and made the entrance to the following corner awkward. I guess if it makes the trail more sustainable, it is probably worth it.

Back in the saddle
    That shoreline section was getting pretty rutted out. I used to like the smooth s-curve too, but I think after the sand washes off, it will be fast and sustainable. At least it didn't make the trail easier. I hate sanitizing, so I'm happy with the result being a touch more challenging.

I agree about the bottom corner being weird. I ended up riding over the rock on the right. Better line, without hurting the trail. That trail gets a ton of traffic.

I LOVE the new ramps on the other side, man. Good climbs, and fun to descend. Makes it more fun!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I have just ridden both of these trails in the past two days!

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Quote Originally Posted by pippinr
    That shoreline section was getting pretty rutted out. I used to like the smooth s-curve too, but I think after the sand washes off, it will be fast and sustainable. At least it didn't make the trail easier. I hate sanitizing, so I'm happy with the result being a touch more challenging.

I agree about the bottom corner being weird. I ended up riding over the rock on the right. Better line, without hurting the trail. That trail gets a ton of traffic.

I LOVE the new ramps on the other side, man. Good climbs, and fun to descend. Makes it more fun!

Huh?

They sanitized that side and made it easier with those ramps. You're contradicting yourself.

Back in the saddle
    Nah, the stairs are still there. They added ramps to existing features, didn't really change the hiking option to the left. I think it's an improvement. I see what you're saying, but this one was a good choice.