mtbr member
    Mar 2008

New trails near Blue Sky/ Indian Summer?

It looks like a couple new trails are being built near the north end of Indian Summer heading south. Are they trails? Anyone have any info? Thanks.

holding back the darkness
    ehhhh.. there's a service road there? Thing is, due north of IS it's private prop including some houses. In the past the powers that be have built the trails first and connected them to the main trails last.
    **** censorship

now in superlight!
    I just rode there yesterday, AND the week before. The only "trail" that has been put there is by the farmer/rancher/land owner who had his john deere chewing up a track that looked like it paralleled the blue sky/ indian summer trail. My initial thaought was that he was trying to make a moto cross track...I hope not. That is one beutiful valley and an excellent ride
    If you don't stop whining- I'll call the whaaaa-mbulance!

now in superlight!
    Or are you referring to the rim rock trail junction on top of the bluff?
    If you don't stop whining- I'll call the whaaaa-mbulance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    it just looks like there are some freshly cut "trails" but they look pretty churned up. one parallels indian summer on the north end, then crosses blue sky and snakes around on the east side a little bit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If I saw the same thing, it looked like a fire break but I only caught a glimpse. They are experimenting with different ways to eradicate nonnative species and controlled burns are one of the techniques being employed.

slow
    FC Paper said this morning that there would be prescribed burns in the DBB / Blue Sky area this week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I saw it too. Suspect that is a firebreak
    11 Epic Expert 29er
    Blacksheep SS

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    They were burning several areas on both sides of the Blue Sky Trail east of Indian Summer this afternoon. Indian Summer was closed and will likely remain so for the rest of the day.