mtbr member
    Jul 2004

We the people ... New trail propositions in Boulder (for west of Broadway residents)

I got this info as a flyer on my car windshield. Not sure if this has been posted before (my apologies if so), but I thought I'd help get the word out to other west Boulder residents who may not have gotten the flyer. This is for constituents west of Broadway, although residents east of Broadway are welcome to have their voice heard - their comments will be forwarded to their representatives, but you are encouraged to contact them directly (right side of the page in the link below).

It looks as though there are a few proposals being put on the table right now, and we need to have our voices heard:
    - A bike trail through Chautauqua to Eldorado linking Boulder to the Marshall Mesa area.

The flyer mentioned the following as well, but I have yet to find details on these proposals:
    - A bike trail to eliminate riding on Canyon Rd to get to Betasso.
    - A bike trail linking Boulder to Walker ranch.
    - and potentially a new section of bike trails in Boulder city limits.

BMA has been getting involved, but I don't know how much. Again, I definitely don't consider myself in the loop, so I could be reposting old news, but for those like me, this could be an opportunity to help mountain biking in Boulder.

The flyer asked for you to post here and include some info to prove you are a constituent:

http://west-tsa-neighborhood-comment...-comments.html

The right side of the page has links to all the info. The very bottom of the page says:

YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND THE AREA IN WHICH YOU LIVE (SEE LIST BELOW.)
    Otherwise your comment may be deleted.

For the "comment as" box, the easiest thing to do is comment as "anonymous" (just include your name and address in the body of your comment).

Information about common comment posting problems is found at the top of the right hand link column.

Also, please e-mail us your comments at west.tsa.neighborhood.reps@gmail.com. That way, if there is a problem, you can contact you. You must do this if you want us to add you to the mailing list.

Comment areas:
    - North Neighborhood -- North of Canyon, West of Broadway
    - Central Neighborhood -- Between Table Mesa and Canyon. West
    of Broadway
    - South Neighborhood -- south of Table Mesa and west of Broadway
    - East Boulder -- east of Broadway

As "West of Broadway" Neighborhood Representatives we do not represent East Boulder interests. We will, however, make your comments available to other CCG representatives who are responsible for representing your interests. We also encourage you to contact your representatives directly. (See right hand column for links.)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Here's the flyer from BMA's website:

http://www.bma-mtb.org/getinvolved/westTSA.php

skillz to pay billz
    I find the idea that you have to be a west of broadway resident to affect decisions for citywide public open space pretty offensive.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    I find the idea that you have to be a west of broadway resident to affect decisions for citywide public open space pretty offensive.
    Understood, and a lot of people agree based on many of the comments (myself included, even though I am on the west side). I think they are trying to get a feel for the residents that will be most affected by the new trails and increase in traffic. This isn't just about mountain biking, but also dog restrictions and proposed parking lots and such.

Still, you and I pay the same taxes - you should have your voice heard as well. Many people posted regardless of what side of the street they live on. I say go for it.

mtbr member
    I could be wrong but I don't think that is the point of trying to get residents of that area involved. I think they are trying to recruit a counter-force to the expected anti-trail NIMBYs. A sort of PIIMBY (Put It In My Backyard) contingent. This is a total guess on my part though.

Stiff yet compliant
    I have seen nothing that says you have to be a west of Broadway resident. Only that there is a preference for comments from those people.

The assumption is probably being made that these trails are used primarily by the people that live close to them. If you feel this is incorrect that is something you should make known during the public comment period.

lucky enough
    You're on the right track jiker. Folks living West of Broadway are expected to give opinions on traffic, parking, noise, privacy, and trash, etc.. These are things that affect them and not folks living elsewhere. But of course they are free to comment on bikes, dogs, preservation of the environment, social trails, etc. as is everyone else.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine