mtbr member

New to the Springs. Need some trail info. please.

I've ridden the Falcon trail several times since its close to home and Ute Valley since its right next to work. Like them both. I'd love to get the singlespeed out and I heard that Rampart Resevoir is a good trail for that. I know there's tons of greating riding out here so any info and direction would be great. Looking to ride Sat. and Sun. morning if anybody else is up for showing a newb. around. Thanks.

Dan

mtbr member
    Rode up in Monument today. Work center trails I guess there called. Felt like around 7-8 miles of some the nicest singletrack I have found... so far. Bought a trail map at Balanced Bike on the way out to figure out exactly where I went.
    *Found a bike computer out there as well which I meant to leave at the bike shop. Let me know if you lost one*

Wouldn't mind riding someplace else tomorrow....

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtezyflush
    Rode up in Monument today. Work center trails I guess there called. Felt like around 7-8 miles of some the nicest singletrack I have found... so far. Bought a trail map at Balanced Bike on the way out to figure out exactly where I went.
    *Found a bike computer out there as well which I meant to leave at the bike shop. Let me know if you lost one*

Wouldn't mind riding someplace else tomorrow....
    Welcome to town. Post up on the Sunday Sunday Sunday thread and you can probably get a guided tour of Palmer.

mtbr member

There is a lot of great riding...

Curtezyflush,

There are a ton of options in the 'Springs. Palmer Park is a great introduction, as is Red Rocks Park. Depends on what you want. With the pending weather, Palmer, Ute and Red Rocks will be the only rideable options after the snow. Give me a PM and I'll give you the low down...

Inflexable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Fubar Rider
    Curtezyflush,

There are a ton of options in the 'Springs. Palmer Park is a great introduction, as is Red Rocks Park. Depends on what you want. With the pending weather, Palmer, Ute and Red Rocks will be the only rideable options after the snow. Give me a PM and I'll give you the low down...
    Eight posts since 2003!

Man you need to stop riding so much and get on the Internet...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I would pick up the book on Colorado Springs mountain biking at the LBS. Great to start with. I know Criterium (North) and Asent (Powers) has them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    last weekend pased a group of 4 ss riding section 16, its a nice ride but all climbing, not for me. For me - Palmer and Red Rock for the SS.

pm me for a ride or amnewsom at yahoo dot com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rideithard
    last weekend pased a group of 4 ss riding section 16, its a nice ride but all climbing, not for me. For me - Palmer and Red Rock for the SS.

pm me for a ride or amnewsom at yahoo dot com
    Making a loop out of Palmer Trail for the climb and then head over to Section 16 for the descent is probably the funnest ride I have ever done, and I'm no climber.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    Making a loop out of Palmer Trail for the climb and then head over to Section 16 for the descent is probably the funnest ride I have ever done, and I'm no climber.

Agreed...it's my favorite climbing ride in town. Start at the Chutes, climb to the top, then take a right on Gold Camp Rd., then take left on High Drive, climb a bit, take a right on to Palmer Loop, climb up to the top of Section 16, go down Section 16 to Gold Camp Rd. and take a right, and climb back up to the top of the Chutes, go back down the Chutes to the parking lot....eat...rest...repeat!