Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New RMH06 Camping thread

2K views 59 replies 20 participants last post by  FrontRanger 
#1 ·
Last thread was too messy.

Stolen from Gotdirt's post, here are camping assignments:
Can some bean counter update the number of people at each site.

3: Ignazjr --
4: DWF --
5: BikeandSki --
6: Tom --
7: Ed/slowerthansnot/frontranger --
8: mateo --
9: Ignazjr, part duex -- (I'll take this site, geek you're in with me, I buy groceries, u cook, fair?)

(sites away from the above grouping)
1: numexjo --
14: scrublover --

camplink, Ruby mountain:
http://ra1.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/co/ahra/newindex.html
http://parks.state.co.us/images/con...df#search="ruby mountain arkansas headwaters"

RUBY MOUNTAIN CAMPGROUND is 6 miles south of Buena Vista and is accessed from U.S. Highway 285 between mile markers 144 and 145. The turn off is south of the junction at Johnsons Village of U.S. Highway 24 and U.S. Highway 285. Turn to the East on to Chaffee County Road 301. Cross the river on County Road 301, go to the end of the pavement and turn right onto County Road 300. Drive 2.4 miles to the Ruby Mountain Campground. Caution should be used at the Fish Hatchery, as the road is a very narrow single lane with a 15 mph speed limit.

See less See more
#2 ·
ibmkidIII said:
9: Ignazjr, part duex -- (I'll take this site, geek you're in with me, I buy groceries, u cook, fair?)
Well I don't know, I heard Libertine will be there. You know how upset I get when he starts using that foul language...

but well, since beer is a grocery, sounds fair to me :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Site #3 Ignazjr

ibmkidIII said:
Last thread was too messy.

Stolen from Gotdirt's post, here are camping assignments:
Can some bean counter update the number of people at each site.

3: Ignazjr -- 4 / FULL

camplink, Ruby mountain:
http://ra1.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/co/ahra/newindex.html
http://parks.state.co.us/images/con...df#search="ruby mountain arkansas headwaters"

RUBY MOUNTAIN CAMPGROUND is 6 miles south of Buena Vista and is accessed from U.S. Highway 285 between mile markers 144 and 145. The turn off is south of the junction at Johnsons Village of U.S. Highway 24 and U.S. Highway 285. Turn to the East on to Chaffee County Road 301. Cross the river on County Road 301, go to the end of the pavement and turn right onto County Road 300. Drive 2.4 miles to the Ruby Mountain Campground. Caution should be used at the Fish Hatchery, as the road is a very narrow single lane with a 15 mph speed limit.
3: Ignazjr -- 4 / FULL

we have 4 people/full on ignazjr site #3(only 1 staying thursday night) & Kirk has taken over the remaining site #9. The 4 are 1.Libertine(trying to keep foul language to a miximum, i meant minimum), 2. Debaser, 3. Jdub, and 4. DaveM. DaveM being the only thursday nighter. We will hold down the Redstone fort with a stand, limited tools, tubes & enough Dales Pale Ale & Old Chub to overfill your liquid courage ports. No ace mechanic without dave though. See you all soon!

#4 ·
Just to reiterate the earlier thread, I am on the bubble about attending. Short story is there's lots going on here. Will try to make a ride, but most likely won't be camping.

#7 ·
Site #1 - NuMexJoe, Jim Beam, "Pilot" Clay & S.O. Kristen, Red Rick, & Sportsman. All arriving Thursday ~21:30; stretching, scratching & smelling of beer.
- Joe

#9 ·
spot needed

So maybe it's time to commit and ask for a space somewheres. If I drive myself, I'd probably just sleep in the truck. Carpooling and I'd bring a tent. I'm in Boulder and am up for carpooling, leaving kinda late Thursday night or anytime Friday.

#12 ·
Helllooooo....I have a spot reserved amongst the group that will be empty. Should be plenty of extra room. See Kirk for further enlightenment.

#14 ·
Yup, daveM will be there...

with family for Thursday night, solo for Fri., and maybe fam for Sat. night. (so watch the language and frontal nudity:rolleyes: ) Will be bringin' Mountain bike,urrr, Sun, reinforcements, (espess for New Mex folks).

Firewood's on me!!:cool:

#19 ·
i'm (still) no bean counter

thought brent might pop in here...

i think spot 5 (bikeandski) is full: i know he's there (arriving thurs) and i'll be there (either late thurs or early fri), not sure who else.
:confused:

...weather forecast is now calling for snow saturday night above 8,500'. :eekster:

#24 ·
don't shoot the messenger

Debaser said:
i'm just going by kathy sabine / 9news.com...

"The weekend looks windy and cooler with a few showers for lower elevations Saturday but in the high country we could see snow below 85,00 (sic) feet late Saturday and early Sunday morning!"

let's hope NOAA knows better. (packing the warm bag just in case).

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.