Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New pooch!

781 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DSR 
#1 ·
To further simplify my life, I added another dog. Meet Abigail - she's seven, and needed a good home. You just might see her prowling (as much as 90 lbs of hair can prowl) a trail near you! If anyone has an OES they just can't seem to care for, send it to SDizzle's Sheepdog Rescue...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice! Your post just gave me a good idea for the name of our next dog... Bike.

Hey, I posted a msg on frontrangerss asking about 24HOM.

Oh, and I sold off the Ventana (and soon the current SS as well) and ordered a Walt 29er rigid SS/gearie (EBB, der hanger) and canti/discie. You should go meet him. It's worth the short trip just to check out his garage!

Good stuff again on the new dog. S

#4 ·
DSR said:
Hey, I posted a msg on frontrangerss asking about 24HOM.

Oh, and I sold off the Ventana (and soon the current SS as well) and ordered a Walt 29er rigid SS/gearie (EBB, der hanger) and canti/discie. You should go meet him. It's worth the short trip just to check out his garage!
24 HOM went well. We placed 3rd rigid/single, and 77th overall (out of 450 or so). It was fun, and I'd certainly do another 24 hr race, but probably not Moab. SUPER huge, and expensive/commercialized.

I plan on going to meet Walt soon. Hopefully sooner than I'll have money to talk with. I think I'll go 29er, at least with a sussy option (rigid to start, but eventually a WB or RS for backup), v-brakes front and rear (discs are nice n easy, but I'm tired of them - plus, it's dry here a lot), Paul's dropouts, maybe some lugs or odd tubes here and there (if Walt can be so coerced), some custom steel handlebars to match, etc. Hopefully by the time I've any money, some bigger 29er rims and tires will be available, so I can build it reasonably tough. All and all, hopefully something he's never done before. I want really progressive, new-fangled geometry - kind of like what Jeff Jones is doing, but steel. And cheaper. I'm thinking out loud, but you get the idea.

So, do you have any bikes? Can you ride tomorrow?

#5 ·
Nice Dog!

SDizzle said:
To further simplify my life, I added another dog. Meet Abigail - she's seven, and needed a good home. You just might see her prowling (as much as 90 lbs of hair can prowl) a trail near you! If anyone has an OES they just can't seem to care for, send it to SDizzle's Sheepdog Rescue...
So that makes two, now? You're making finding your own place harder all the time. :) You'll have to bring him out to play with Domino some time.

Hey, if you don't get a ride in today, I'm riding tonight with Migz some place up north, if you want to join in. (I'm assuming FRM won't mind, since he's the most easy-going guy I know.)

BTW, I took my F100X to the Sports Gararge yesterday, to be shipped back to Fox. I sure like the spring fork better than air -- nothing to leak.

If I don't see you, have a great ride today. (Some of us have to work. :-()

#6 ·
Sdizzle - Good stuff on Moab. I hear ya on the craziness though. Yeah, my first thoughts on the Walk bike was a frankenstein built up real burly - like straight gauge 4130 and big gussets. I backed off then on the burly part. Steel is strong enough by itself and I haven't broken a frame... yet. I'm leaning towards joining you in baby-blue land. I thought about pink, but I don't think I'm good enough... S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.