Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    insert sarcasm here
    Reputation: gbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    271

    New kid on the block, need riding buddies

    So I just wrapped up undergrad and moved to Denver a few weeks ago, don't know a soul here, and I need some pals to ride with!

    I ride a hardtail and come from an aggressive XC background, but enjoy pushing my technical limits, which the trails around here definitely have so far.

    Anybody care to show me around? Ive ridden Apex and Mountain Lion trail so far but would love to see more...

    p.s. before you ask, I'm from the south, and yes, I like george w. bush!
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: KarateChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by gbug View Post
    I like george w. bush!

  3. #3
    What does a bean mean?!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133
    Hey man, I'm a recent southern transplant to the area too, but I'm clearly trying to keep it secret. Currently based in Boulder (not sure if I want to call myself a "resident" yet though) and trying to learn the trails out here. I'm a XC/AM kinda rider who likes more technical stuff. After some solo rides I'm definitely looking for riding buddies too. If you'd like, send me a PM and we can figure something out.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: KarateChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,871
    southern is not as bad as californicators or testicans from what i can tell

    when i moved from nc to co, people were more curious than gtfo

  5. #5
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,738
    welcome! we do nite rides


    but rarely post on every thread that is put up
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  6. #6
    insert sarcasm here
    Reputation: gbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by COTarHeel View Post
    Hey man, I'm a recent southern transplant to the area too, but I'm clearly trying to keep it secret. Currently based in Boulder (not sure if I want to call myself a "resident" yet though) and trying to learn the trails out here. I'm a XC/AM kinda rider who likes more technical stuff. After some solo rides I'm definitely looking for riding buddies too. If you'd like, send me a PM and we can figure something out.
    You got a PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    welcome! we do nite rides


    but rarely post on every thread that is put up
    Yeah in my lurking I've seen these so called t.i.t.s. rides--what's the deal on those? Just show up with lights at wherever the ride is? I don't have lights at the moment, but I'll probably get a setup once the days start to get shorter here in a bit.

  7. #7
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,738
    Quote Originally Posted by gbug View Post

    Yeah in my lurking I've seen these so called t.i.t.s. rides--what's the deal on those? Just show up with lights at wherever the ride is? I don't have lights at the moment, but I'll probably get a setup once the days start to get shorter here in a bit.
    oh no- these are not just "so called" t.i.t.s. rides - these are the t.i.t.s. rides- soon to be legendary

    Yes- show up where its posted- new ones usually bring plenty of beverages to share (even skared shtles showed up with beer) and i usually have some demo amoeba's available. Hope to see ya out. (im gone this week- but should be one going on)
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  8. #8
    What does a bean mean?!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    oh no- these are not just "so called" t.i.t.s. rides - these are the t.i.t.s. rides- soon to be legendary
    Soon to be? I'm a new member but not a new lurker and I've been wondering about these already legendary rides myself after seeing them mentioned all over the forums...

  9. #9
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,738
    Quote Originally Posted by COTarHeel View Post
    Soon to be? I'm a new member but not a new lurker and I've been wondering about these already legendary rides myself after seeing them mentioned all over the forums...
    check a future dirt rag
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

Similar Threads

  1. Need a few riding buddies
    By Jlodato in forum Midwest - IL, IN, OH, KY, IA, MO
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 08:14 PM
  2. In appreciation of riding, riding buddies, camaraderie...
    By JohnŠ in forum Australia, New Zealand
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 03:22 AM
  3. Riding buddies
    By beaux deuk in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 04:18 PM
  4. Riding Buddies In Gta??
    By Lt.Saad in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 07:05 AM
  5. How many older riders riding with much younger riding buddies
    By Old_Bashturd in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •