mtbr member

New to Fort Collins

Just moved to Fort Collins from Tucson about a week ago, intermediate mountain biker, anybody interested in riding? Interested to see if there are any group rides or clubs to join to show me where the good trails are or any tips anybody might have.

Thanks!

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Stop on in the shop, we'll give you a lowdown. Check out Overland MTB Club too
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
    Check out Overland MTB Club too
    +1

Here is their website... I'm new to area as well and have their website very helpful for getting started.

We rode Curt Gowdy State Park (in Wyoming) this weekend. It is great place to ride...

I'd also recommend heading to Winter Park as well... lots of great trails up there too...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I've been in FC for work since Nov and trying to ride when I can and figure out what's available. Maxwell Nature Area is behind the football stadium and is really short and heavily used, but it's something in town for after work. I also like the Devils Backbone/Indian Summer/Blue Sky/Bobcat Ridge trails. The backbone is also full of people on the weeknds but only for the first mile or two. IME it's pretty empty once you get out a bit. Just watch out for the heat and rattle snakes. I haven't seen a rattler out there yet but it seems like everybody else has, and shade is really hard to find when you need it.

slow
    I'm thinking about getting out for a while this evening, if anyone is interested, PM me. Maybe head into Horsetooth Mountain Park and give the new Sawmill re-route a try?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ah, baited in by the remodel! I fell prey to it's tempting appeal and was quickly reminded why I hate climbing sawmill. The new part is a nice climb, yet the evil rock/root/rubble awaits!

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyd View Post
    Ah, baited in by the remodel! I fell prey to it's tempting appeal and was quickly reminded why I hate climbing sawmill. The new part is a nice climb, yet the evil rock/root/rubble awaits!
    Maybe I'll climb something else and just enjoy the downhill.
    You know, those climbs are not that bad with gears, even on small wheels.