mtbr member
    Feb 2004

New Buffalo Creek Map

FRMBP.org is hosting the most recent map of the current trails in Buffalo Creek. You can get it at:

http://frmbp.org/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.13

FRMBP is also helping to plan this year's 3rd annual Epic Weekend (trail mantenance event) in the Fall and assisting with additional trail planning for the USFS long range plans in the Buffalo Creek area. Lots of good things happening in Buffalo Creek. Stop by http://www.frmbp.org every once and a while to check in on what's happening.

If you are interested in helping out, conatct us when you get a chance.

Enjoy the trails in 2006!
    Front Range Mountain Bike Patrol - FRMBP - Patrolling Buffalo Creek in the Pike National Forest for over 14 years

on my 3rd wind...

Good job! Thank you so much!

gonna check out the trails on north of gashouse & baldy. Never rode there.

STH

Not just famous; infamous

Thanks!

I finally have a weekend off, and I've been thinking about BC. I'll take your post as a sign that I should ride it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailDude
    FRMBP.org is hosting the most recent map of the current trails in Buffalo Creek. You can get it at:

http://frmbp.org/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.13

FRMBP is also helping to plan this year's 3rd annual Epic Weekend (trail mantenance event) in the Fall and assisting with additional trail planning for the USFS long range plans in the Buffalo Creek area. Lots of good things happening in Buffalo Creek. Stop by http://www.frmbp.org every once and a while to check in on what's happening.

If you are interested in helping out, conatct us when you get a chance.

Enjoy the trails in 2006!
    Very nice job on the map! I plan to attend the 3rd trail epic this fall, it's becoming a tradition.

Lots of good things happening like.....new trails and not just fixing/maintaining trails? I see opportunities; a connector between Baldy and Sandy and then even to Strawberry. That whole area west and south of Gashouse/Skipper/Buck. I guess there are some private properties interspersed throughout the area.

I knew you could ride the beginning of Rolling Creek. Everyone always wimps out because of the "wilderness area". That's a nice section even if it is just an out and back.

And, I'm sure you know but TCSMBC is now COMBA (your web site still references TCS).

Ed E

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Credit where credit is due

While we'd like to take credit for the map, the only thing we did was post it on our site. The real credit goes to the U.S. Forest Service, specifically the South Platte Ranger District of the Pike National Forest. Everything on the new map is based on GPS data so it is the most accurate map to date. A big thanks to the Forest Service.

There are exciting things happening in the Buffalo Creek area. Plans for the 3rd Annual Epic weekend are in the works plus much, much more. Stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy the trails.

frmbp.org - paying it forward

mtbr member
    edited. sorry
    Last edited by Timmy; 06-28-2006 at 10:58 AM.

pin 'er up

To lazy to make sure this isn't a duplicate

But I found this in one of my files.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    The front range's resident guide book author sent me the enhanced version of that map complete with all of the proposed trails. It looks like the new trails will really expand the system and create some really fun stuff once they are realized/completed. You all are lucky to have a system that supports this.

Enjoy them.

TCN
    I can't wait. That area is already great so adding even more trails (and there is plenty of space for it) will just make it super-duper - words failed me and that's all I could come up with super-duper

Ed E

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    ...super-duper - words failed me and that's all I could come up with super-duper

Ed E
    Ed,
    Super-duper is in right now...remember the "super-duper" ride thread about a month ago?? It was, um, well...SUPER!!
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA