mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New to the area - LBS?

Hey,

A little background info for everyone: I'm 25, lived in Boston my whole life and decided to mix things up a bit. Did a little bit of networking and landed a sweet job in Westminster (up by the Avaya building on W 120th), and just got a real nice apartment in Broomfield down the road a little bit. I had packed up my car with the necessities (bikes/ski's/gear/clothes), sold the rest and drove out last Monday.

I've been exploring around quite a bit the past few days, starting to get a good lay of the land. Does anyone have recommendations for a good LBS around here? My bikes took a bit of a beating on the 2000 mile drive across country in the middle of winter, as you could imagine, so I need to pick up a few parts and would rather check out some local places rather than ordering online.

Also if anyone is doing group rides come spring time, it would be great to get in on those to get a feel for some of the trails around here. Never been to CO before, totally winging it, so any pointers you guys have would be awesome and much appreciated.

And if there are any skiers around, i'm itching to get up into the mountains.

Cheers!

-Adam

pedal me happy
    Oct 2009
    I live on your end of town and my favorite shop is on the other end of town but its worth
    the drive for me. The shop is Big Kahauna down in littleton its the one I trust fwiw.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by skyst3alth
    I've been exploring around quite a bit the past few days, starting to get a good lay of the land. Does anyone have recommendations for a good LBS around here? My bikes took a bit of a beating on the 2000 mile drive across country in the middle of winter, as you could imagine, so I need to pick up a few parts and would rather check out some local places rather than ordering online.
    You might check out a few of the shops/businesses that support BMA.

http://www.bma-mtb.org/sponsors/business.php
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    echelon spoke and slopes, lafayette. Good guys.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    If you find yourself downtown near the big REI, drop by Salvagetti. Look at cool stuff, meet our great staff and drink our delicious coffee.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron
    If you find yourself downtown near the big REI, drop by Salvagetti. Look at cool stuff, meet our great staff and drink our delicious coffee.
    Didn't know there was a bike shop down there!

mtbr member
    Redstonecyclery in lyons for parts and Tuesday rides. Ride info is usually posted in his blog. Dirtlabs in boulder for more complicated shox rebuilds.
    http://www.dirtlabs.com/
    http://www.redstonecyclery.com/
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

+1 redstone

Redstone Dave will treat you right.

Did a little bit of networking and landed a sweet job in Westminster
    Didn't you get the memo? There are NO jobs out there.

Living the High Life
    I've had positive experiences at several bike shops, but not all near your house up there. I like Mojo Wheels, Salvagetti, Green Mountain Sports and West Side Cycles.

I see a V-10 in that picture, there are groups of people who car pool up to the resorts come summer time. Just keep on eye on the boards and meet up in the morning. I've meet lots of people I now ride regularly with that way.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Thread Terrorist
    Yes, Carpooling is good for the environment and nice because you can drink an extra beer and not have to drive!

As for the Golden side of town (Where lots of trails are), hit up Pedal Pushers (becoming Golden's premier DH/big travel/DJ shop)... But you can't go wrong with other aforementioned shops. If its Santa Cruz you seek, Mojo has spare parts and a great team.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park