Thread: New Apex Trails

Stand back

New Apex Trails

Got a chance to try out some of the new trails last night at Apex. They're not finished yet, but are open to the public from what I could tell.
    It's always cool to ride new trails, but if you're looking for exciting, well, they went to a lot of effort to minimize vertical change...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Got a chance to try out some of the new trails last night at Apex. They're not finished yet, but are open to the public from what I could tell.
    It's always cool to ride new trails, but if you're looking for exciting, well, they went to a lot of effort to minimize vertical change...
    Yeah they looked quite tame from what I could tell when I road APEX on Sunday. Any new trails is good with me.

Yappy little dog!

Here is an update.

Just a quick update from the trail construction front at
    Apex. Today the Trails department will begin routing traffic from old the Apex trail onto the new section. This changeover will occur west of the enchanted forest bridge. By the end of the day all signage at the current junction of eastern enchanted forest and apex trail will be moved to the new junction to the east. We may change the configuration of the actual installation sites in the future as we are not *completely done fine tuning this junction. Temporary signage will also be in place at the western end, eastern end, and junction with the unnamed trail that connects to Sluicebox. *
    Construction on Section 1 (the eastern slope of apex) is scheduled to begin next week. *Completion of this section of trail is anticipated on July 17 as the Volunteer Trails Day project. *

Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser

mtbr member

1st reroute done : cool flow/pump section is now gone

Rode the 'old apex' last night for the last time. When I headed down this morning they had already rerouted the flow/pump section just before the enchanted bridge. Even though this section was unmaintainable due to the deep rut, it was probably the most fun section on Apex. RIP.

mtbr member
    Just curious to see if anybody has information pertaining to "fixing" other parts of Apex. There are couple of sections that need to be repaired. The bottom of the wall(the water bar is now over a foot high) and the lower part of enchanted forest on the side slope. I would be happy to help fix those section during the upcoming trail day.

Getting back to the topic. Rode the new trail the other day. SUPER SMOOTH. Very un Apex like. Much better view. They still didn't have the trail that parallels Pcik N Sledge. Its cool riding new trails. Especially at Apex.

Erik

Thread Terrorist
    Are they allowing Volunteers to help build?
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Are they allowing Volunteers to help build?

Yes, they are.

mtbr member
    Yes, on the trail day on 7/17 they are allowing volunteers to help build the trail that connects sluicbox with the Apex trail.

I would rather fix the trouble areas.

Erik

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WesInGolden
    Rode the 'old apex' last night for the last time. When I headed down this morning they had already rerouted the flow/pump section just before the enchanted bridge. Even though this section was unmaintainable due to the deep rut, it was probably the most fun section on Apex. RIP.

I agree with the most fun part of Apex part. . . .RIP

Personally-- I think "unmaintainable" was an scape goat. . . . but what ever. Just looking foward to the hundreds of thousands of trail users to beat the new trail down and get it all rocky and smashy

mtbr member
    I rode the part that's open last night. It's going to be real nice once it breaks in and the rocks, roots and ruts start to show up, though that could take a season or two. I personally like the addition.

Regarding drop off on the wall, someone put some transition rocks in there over the last week, so it's riding fine now. I don't know if it was JCOS or just a local. Either way, it was welcome.

Thread Terrorist
    Well, for what its worth, as Apex loses some of its character, hopefully we'll have done a good job on the Golden Bike Park to have offset for the missed features. Perhaps we'll take an inventory of lost elements and 'transplant' them at the GBP... perhaps.

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park