mtbr member
    Jul 2009

need some advise

Trying to figure things out, had enough of the mountains, the bi polar headache of skiing for a couple months and bike riding for another couple pretty much sucks. This small town crap is just getting old. I wanna be in suburbia, the big city, somewhere else, somewhere mountain biking is cool.

All this snow still into may and I havenít ridden a mountain bike in months.

Can I ride my bike all year around down there?

So if I move to the front range where should I live? whatís the most ballin town to live in?

what kind of bike should I ride? 29er 26er hard tail full suspension?

What kind of tires should I use down there?

I like to ride on bike paths and can crush people, Iíve got some of the best strava times for bike path sections. I need to be close to a bike path. If I ride the bike path in the city should I bring a gun with me?

What kind of car should I drive, the 88 ford pick up doesnít seem like itíll work to well down in the big city. Plus someone could steal my dog out of the back when I leave him in a parking lot. My buddy said heíd sell me his 94 white beamer if I want it.

Are the chicks cool down there or are they all biatches like they are up here? I mean a Denver 6 is usually a Breckenridge 9. So itís gonna take some getting used too.

Iím on the wagon and donít party anymore, but if I fall off the wagon, whereís the best party at? What part of town? If I go off, I can get really crazy. all kinds of things can happen that I canít print here

Whereís the best trails? I like easy trails, so tell me where to get started. I donít climb really well but I do like to go downhill. Where can I shuttle?

Should I just move to boulder?

mtbr member
    You forgot to ask which tire is BEST for the front range...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

insert sarcasm here
    Yep, just move to Boulder.
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    "Advice".
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    "Advice".
    Well, when you're looking for the most "ballin town to live in", does it matter?

Ballers gonna ball......

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You'd have to find a good place to park your trailer house, and you can't let your dog run all over town. And yes, you would have to go back on your meds, ripper.

lucky enough
    Yea sounds like Boulder for you, but there's no shuttlin' here and a Denver 6 is a Boulder 4 so it's hard to focus on the bike path.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper roo View Post
    ...I mean a Denver 6 is usually a Breckenridge 9. So itís gonna take some getting used too....
    That's what he was talking about!
    Les grimpťes, je m'en fou!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Yo, rip. I feel you. I lived in Meeker when I was a baby and had to bust outta dat hole when I was 6. That city was too small to hold the likes of me down. I headed straight to LA. City of Angels.

Talk about riding bikes all year round. Want snow? Drive an hour and BOOM, you are rocking Fakie Backside Toe Snaps like nobody ever has before.

If I were you, I'd move to LA. You can ride a 29er front and a 26er rear with a 27.5 attached to your side-car. With three tires, you can try all of them out and start writing a big tire blog.

You MUST have a car in LA, but it better be the shiznit, on the real. I'd recommend a Lotus or Aston Martin and absolutely get a custom plate Bllr4Lf ... They gotz to know!

You think the chicks in Breck are 6s?!?!? Holy crap. The 5s in LA are what Denver calls 11s. Talk about adjusting.

LA gotz the best of all the fun party crap. You want walkers/jimmers/tacos/dangerzone/stank/file/defile/moses? You go to LA!

I didn't ride in LA. Who has time to ride when you are dating models and going to A-list parties? But I read on a blog that there are sweet as heck trails. Go. Ride them and report.

Boulder is aight. But ain't nuthing like LA.

West Siiiiiiiiiddddeeeee!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303 View Post

I didn't ride in LA. Who has time to ride when you are dating models and going to A-list parties? But I read on a blog that there are sweet as heck trails. Go. Ride them and report.

Boulder is aight. But ain't nuthing like LA.

West Siiiiiiiiiddddeeeee!!!!
    any good tire suggestions for shredding LA gnar?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by WilburKookmeyer View Post
    any good tire suggestions for shredding LA gnar?
    Nevegals. At 22psi.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thanks for the help,

LA isn't going to work for me, was gonna try it years ago but I bailed, was going to move out there with this chick, maybe she bailed on me, who knows, did NYC instead till I got door'd and had to go home and recover from sliding across 9th ave.

Think vail is going to work, the front range seems to big and scary to me, found a driveway I can park my van in out in east vail, the people who own the driveway are really nice to me. The only problem I was asked not to come to vail anymore after I started petting some laidies fur coat a couple years ago.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper roo View Post
    thanks for the help,

LA isn't going to work for me, was gonna try it years ago but I bailed, was going to move out there with this chick, maybe she bailed on me, who knows, did NYC instead till I got door'd and had to go home and recover from sliding across 9th ave.

Think vail is going to work, the front range seems to big and scary to me, found a driveway I can park my van in out in east vail, the people who own the driveway are really nice to me. The only problem I was asked not to come to vail anymore after I started petting some laidies fur coat a couple years ago.
    Curious how Vail would keep you on your bike during those colder months, or did I misread your original whinings? Denver/COS/Ft Fun too big and scary, and yet you were in NYC!? Dafuq?!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Curious how Vail would keep you on your bike during those colder months
    Just head down valley to Eagle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    He said he's banned in Vail because he assaulted some woman in a fur coat (serves her right for wearing a fur coat). Just move to Denver, ripper, way more psychiatrists to choose from.