mtbr member

Need riders for hut to hut trip

Looking for riders who want to bike from Telluride to Moab August 1st- 7th doing the hut to hut. Currently we have 3 people signed up and the more people we get the cheaper it will be for everyone. Max is 8 riders. I know it's a long way off but we are looking to book it early in order to get the August dates.

2 riders are Certified Wilderness first aid.

This from the website:

From Telluride through the Alpine Peaks of the San Juan's to Moab's Canyon Country and Desert Slickrock
    This route follows 215-miles of secondary dirt roads from Telluride, CO across the high alpine tundra of the San Juan Mountains to the desert slickrock and canyon country of Moab UT. This route is designed for intermediate riders in good physical condition. Alternate-Single Track routes between various huts extend your trip and offer more challenges. San Juan Hut Systems does not allow vehicle support while using the huts.

http://sanjuanhuts.com/bike_huts/t-m/index.html

$850 per person.
    OR
    Book 3 riders and get the 4th rider FREE!
    Book 6 riders and get the 7th and 8th rider FREE!

mtbr member
    I would be all over this if I wasn't unemployed and didn't have a family reunion in Durango that month.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    What percentage of the route is not on dirt roads? I once looked into the Durango to Moab hut to hut trip and it seemed to follow through mostly singletrack. This one seems to be more of a dirt road adventure?

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

still riding
    Feeling dehydrated just thinking about this in august.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    What percentage of the route is not on dirt roads? I once looked into the Durango to Moab hut to hut trip and it seemed to follow through mostly singletrack. This one seems to be more of a dirt road adventure?

_MK

I believe you can dial your own ride. There are several different routes you can take each day, and you can mix and match single track w/dirt roads. They rate em something like hard, med and easy.

Not really sure of the actual percentage but yes mostly dirt road. I believe the Durango to Moab is the same.