mtbr member

Need reocmmendations for trails near Vail

I'm headed to Vail next Tuesday/Wednesday. I have a meeting on Tuesday afternoon but I"m thinking of staying the night and riding some trails on Wednesday. I'm looking for some recommendations trails that are likely to dry in that area. Any thoughts? Or should I bag it and wait till later in the summer?

Thanks.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Eagle.

mtbr member

Still snowy in the hills

I was in Vail last week. From a skier's perspective, the snow on the slopes looked pathetic. But there was still snow. So from a biker's point of view, I'd have to say it will be a few more weeks before any of the mountain trails open up. The paved bike path from Frisco to Vail is clear, but that may not be what you have in mind to ride.

mtbr member
    You are going to have go down valley, which is not a big deal to get away from the snow. I always use the website.

www.ecosports.com

Last year I did a great ride called A10. It started in Arrowhead, ended up in Edwards. Awesome downhill.

Erik

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by llama
    I'm headed to Vail next Tuesday/Wednesday. I have a meeting on Tuesday afternoon but I"m thinking of staying the night and riding some trails on Wednesday. I'm looking for some recommendations trails that are likely to dry in that area. Any thoughts? Or should I bag it and wait till later in the summer?

Thanks.
    Bring the roadie or head to Eagle