mtbr member
    Aug 2004

need remedial training for this site

hey, couple of questions....

how come when i come to this page, sometimes there are the page numbers top and bottom (links to the subsequent pages) and sometimes not? i really dont want ot lose my threads, im into so much research you all know. im not done with them!

how come some threads are so wide i have to scroll side to side to read them, but some fit nicely?

how come the thread tree (at the top of the thread when its opened, there is like a directory tree) is sometimes there and sometimes not?

if bread always falls butter side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens when you tape a piece of butter bread on the back of a cat and toss him? (not site related but in my head at the moment)

how do you add a pic to your post (ive cliked on the yellow button above, but all it lets me do is put in text and it never has me go out to my hard drive and browse for a pic to add??)?!

that's all i can think of, im leaving someting out im sure.

but hey, the research is still going on, hope to test out some more bikes soon. ive been busy lately. cant wait to start riding with all of you this season.

mike

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    hey, couple of questions....

how come when i come to this page, sometimes there are the page numbers top and bottom (links to the subsequent pages) and sometimes not?
    Threads or forums less than one page long do not display page numbers.

i really dont want to lose my threads, im into so much research you all know. im not done with them!
    The older threads get bumped down the page and onto the next one when we ignore them and cease to post to them, until someone "bumps" them back up by posting something else to them after they have previously died.

how come some threads are so wide i have to scroll side to side to read them, but some fit nicely?
    Because some people don't have a clue how to size an image, and post some three feet wide low-res JPG (Kirk's panos excepted), that you have to use your whole desk as a mousing surface to scroll across.

how come the thread tree (at the top of the thread when its opened, there is like a directory tree) is sometimes there and sometimes not?
    Depends upon if you are logged in and just posted or not, a specificly anoying quirk in the engine that runs this software. Log off and refresh, all will be back in order.

if bread always falls butter side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens when you tape a piece of butter bread on the back of a cat and toss him? (not site related but in my head at the moment)
    Good eatin' downtown, but you didn't specify if the bread was taped butter side up or down on the cat.

how do you add a pic to your post (ive cliked on the yellow button above, but all it lets me do is put in text and it never has me go out to my hard drive and browse for a pic to add??)?!
    Scroll down to the Additional Options below where you are typing and click the Upload Images button and follow the directions.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]