mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Need hardtail frame to keep me rollin'

Does anyone want to unload a hardtail frame....cheap? I broke my full suspension frame and it might be a while until I can pay for its replacement. My preference would be a steel frame designed for front suspension, size medium (18"). I'm in Fort Collins.

Thanks
    Adam
    Last edited by AdamF; 07-05-2006 at 08:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Theres no warranty on your frame? Have you checked the mtbr classifieds for a frame?

mtbr member
    I've got a steel frame that's just that size. Built up years ago, never ridden. My email is my handle at gmail.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    My frame was out of the warranty time frame. The company offers a crash replacement frame for a bit over half price retail. I will go to the latest model which will be a significant upgrade, a Titus MotoLite. I am currently working on my house and will not have cash for this for a while.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Titanium??

AF,
    I know you said 18" steel, but...........................................
    do you have any interest in a Litespeed (circa 97')??
    I am selling off my 26" wares.
    I am willing to negotiate the price.................
    Let me know if you have any interest.

C.

edit: I work in FTC

Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    Does anyone want to unload a hardtail frame....cheap? I broke my full suspension frame and it might be a while until I can pay for its replacement. My preference would be a steel frame designed for front suspension, size medium (18"). I'm in Fort Collins.

Thanks
    Adam

Stand back
    You want cheap - check out Nashbar, they have a steel frame w/ disc and canti mounts for $55.
    But if it was me, I'd be looking for an Azonic Steelhead, '05's can be had for $150 or so new on ebay, or ~ $100 used. Not light, but makes for a super versatile bike. I use mine for 4x, djing, sk8pk and trail riding. I can't see me not having one, no matter how many more expensive bikes I own.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    MrSalty, I'm on a budget here. Ti would be nice but I'm thinking you could sell that for more than what I'm looking to spend.

dbabuser, Thanks for the tip on bike Nashbar. You can't beat $69 for a new frame! I was also considering the Sette Aluminum frame on Pricepoint for $100. I have a top pull ft derailure that would work with it.

Thanks again for the heads up!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

no problem..

$100 for an aluminum frame is a good deal. Hope it works out.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    MrSalty, I'm on a budget here. Ti would be nice but I'm thinking you could sell that for more than what I'm looking to spend.

dbabuser, Thanks for the tip on bike Nashbar. You can't beat $69 for a new frame! I was also considering the Sette Aluminum frame on Pricepoint for $100. I have a top pull ft derailure that would work with it.

Thanks again for the heads up!