mtbr member
    Jan 2004

need bike rental recommendation in Keystone area

heading up to Keystone in August. Looking to rent some all-mountain dual suspension trail bikes (currently ride Giant VT2 with full XT and Manitou Minute). Keystone website is listing dual suspension Treks for $55/8 hours??? Damn, I'm riding 5 days! Might as well just buy something instead for that price!

Can anyone give me a heads up as to where to rent some decent dual suspension trail bikes for less? Somewhere in town?? $55 is kind or steep...

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    55 isn't that bad look at Diablo Premium Downhill Bike Rental $109 or Downhill Bike Rental$89 I am going to just bring my bike to NJ for that price. Sorry I can't help on the CO rental but do look around my wife got one at keystone last week and it was not that good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    rental bikes just cost an arm and a leg, it's crazy, especially if you are on a longish trip, makes me afraid to travel! You'd spend about the same buying a nice hardshell case for your own ride as renting bikes for a few days

Anyway, maybe try Winter Park. WP is fun, not as gnar as Keystone but still fun, and you can get an all-day lift ticket and rent a Kona Garbanzo (looks like a Stab to me ) for around $60 total. Hmm, rent there and ride Keystone?? The AM rigs all these places rent seem pretty worn out, all Treks, and for the same $$ as a DH bike, well, I'd rather push around heavy quality than lightweight crap.