Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need advice on good rides in Fort Collins / Estes Park area

913 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BretBassi@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm headed out to Estes Park during the first week of April and need some advice on good trails. I'll be coming down 25 through Fort Collins, so could ride that area and Estes Park.

I'm a fairly advanced rider and am looking for good single track and would prefer flowy and fun versus super technical, though some of that would be good too just so I can get a feel for what it's like in these areas.

This is my first time riding in CO. Would love some help making it a great trip!

Thanks,

bb

#2 ·
For flowy and fun, Blue Sky to Indian Summer and then on to the Devil's Backbone is a good ride. If they get things mopped up from the wildfire burning there right now and have things re-opened, the valley trails in the Soderburg Open Space (Nomad / Shoreline) and the valley trails in Lory State Park (East Valley, West Valley, South Valley) and the Timber / Kimmons loop in Lory are fun and flowy. A good ride closer to Estes is Crosier Mountain in Glen Haven, which is flowy as an out and back, but technical of you do it as a loop. You could do a ride at Bobcat Ridge and if you stick to the valley loop or the Eden Valley spur it is plenty flowy. However, if you head up the Ginny trail at Bobcat, you'll find some technical riding. Assuming we don't have any snow between now and then, all of these should be rideable. Of course this is Colorado, so we could get a foot of snow the week before you get here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.