DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ned, Sourdough, higher stuff still snow free?

I'm so out of the loop. Anyway, I'd like to get a good high altitude night ride in before the snow sets in but I don't know if I'm already too late. Don't know if the recent rain down here was snow up there. Just looking for some 411. Thanks, S

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

8+

inches of the fluffy white stuff fell last night.

contains quinine
    If it's going to stay warm and sunny, some of the higher stuff might thaw a bit by the weekend. If you do venture up high, take it easy on those trails. They were pretty soft last weekend.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    I'm so out of the loop. Anyway, I'd like to get a good high altitude night ride in before the snow sets in but I don't know if I'm already too late. Don't know if the recent rain down here was snow up there. Just looking for some 411. Thanks, S
    I got a good view of the hills this morning. Both Bear Peak (think Flatirons) and Fairview Peak were covered in snow. Those are pretty low. My guess is that Sourdough will either be snowed in, super sloppy, or both.

It's finally time that 'high altitude' riding is becoming relative.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Argh! I'll just have to drink beer and watch the post-debate spin... S

trail waggler

We got about 4" or so...

At 8400', about 7 miles north of Peaceful Valley. Might take several days of dry weather, and warm temps to dry out.

BTW, I stopped at the Bookworm last week, and I saw your shop. I was pressed for time, or I'd have stopped in. Looks cool from the outside, though. My wife is teaching at Blue Sky Kindergarten, lots of young, active parents, alot of cyclists. If you have some brochures, maybe she could get them distributed, though she might not be able to, I'll have her check on it.

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    DaveM - Hey, thanks man! Yeah, we're psyched to be right near Bookworm (given that we're mostly secondhand too) and Blockbuster and Glacier (kids). And thanks for the offer to handout some flyers or something on our behalf. Maybe just post a little info sheet. We're working to spread the word through schools, the YMCA, some local family outdoors groups, other kids or secondhand businesses, etc. Anyway, thanks again for the good thoughts and offer to help. And obviously stop in if you're in the neighborhood and have a free minute! S