Thread: Ned Mud report

Kaj
    mtbr member

Ned Mud report

I was thinking of doing a Memorial day spin in Ned today, lower west mag and the dots was the plan. I'm sure others may be thinking the same. Did the rain we get in Boulder show up in Ned too? Can we get a mud report? Might be a road biking day.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbmike

Go play....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj
    I was thinking of doing a Memorial day spin in Ned today, lower west mag and the dots was the plan. I'm sure others may be thinking the same. Did the rain we get in Boulder show up in Ned too? Can we get a mud report? Might be a road biking day.
    West Mag was mostly dry yesterday, with only a few tacky spots. Rain at this point isn't going to hurt the trails up there, good drainage and not enough dirt to make serious mud.

Snow line is at the Champion mine. Otherwise, it's wide open.

Repeat as necessary....
    mtbmike
    Longmont Colorado

The world is run by those that show up....

9:04...

raining up here now, rained last night, but not that hard.
    in the woods it should be okay. i'd go ride west mag if i wasn't recovering from food poisoning.

feel the Force
    Rode W. Mag last night. Hobs and all those are dry, Snow started partway up School Bus. Rode over to Dots as well. Those are ok, too. BTW, I like the idea of the reroute of the first part of the dots, but some turns of the new section look as unsustainable as the original. Thanks for the work, though.

..ouch
    I'm less than a mile away. It's been a steady light rain since around midnight. Probably not enough to create any deep mud, but enough that you'll be getting a stead spray from your tires. The horses are running again so I'd avoid the north side of Mag unless you want a giardia bath. You'll want some warm waterproof gear as well given it's only mid-40s right now (11:20am).

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Went up for a look see. The highlights were the coffee at Happy Trails and the beer at the new brew pup. Trails were wet so we pedaled around the jeep roads till we were too cold, which didn't take long. The beers at the pig wild place, not sure of the name are pretty good. We toasted the effort, even if it wasn't much.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com