mtbmike

National Trails Day on the Picture Rock Trail

200 volunteers - 10000 feet of trail....

These are the goals I have for June 7 in Lyons. On May 17, 47 volunteers cut 1500 feet of trail on Picture Rock. They spent over an hour shuttling and hiking into the site, and the same amount getting out. It was rockier terrain as well.

This Saturday, we will start in Lyons and head south toward the Wild Turkey trail through some absolutely stunning terrain. Easily accessed and less rocky terrain... easier trail to build.

Some of the features that will be part of the event:

+ A light breakfast and coffee from the Boulder County Horse Association
    + A box lunch from Boulder County Parks and Open Space
    + A BBQ hosted by Oskar Blues afterward - and Live Music!
    + REI will have 'Get Dirty' tech t-shirts for schwag

When will the Picture Rock be open? As soon as we can build it!

When: Saturday, June 7, from 8:30am to 3 pm
    Where: Lyons. Registrants will be sent instuctions
    Particpants MUST register: http://www.bma-mtb.org/events/?id=103
    Carpool: You are encouraged to carpool... use this thread to make contact with others.

With so many other trail work projects going on in the Front Range, nobody expects a big turnout... except me. BCPOS staff snicker when I throw out these numbers, and I want to surprise the hell out of them and get this trail done!

I need your help in making this event a success. BMA has hired a professional trail designer to collaborate with BCPOS staff on the final alignment of this trail... this is where we spend the money we get from memberships and events; making sure the result is the best it could possibly be. I can't think of a more worthy place to spend your money.

What better way to put our mark on this trail than to build it! I guarantee that anyone who works on this trail will be extremely proud that they had a hand in making the finest trail in Boudler County a reality. You liked Wild Turkey? Well, think of Wild Turkey, only more remote and better views, more varied terrain and 10 miles from trailhead to trailhead.

Opportunities like these don't come around very often. Let's get it done!

mike barrow
    President
    BMA
    Last edited by mtbmike1; 06-02-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: making it better
    mtbmike
    Longmont Colorado

The world is run by those that show up....