WWW.COMBA.ORG

We the people ... National Trails Day (June 6): COMBA @ GM

NTD is just about a week away... this year the Colorado Mountain Bike Association will be supporting the City of Lakewood in conjunction w/ REI for some work on Hayden Park (Green Mountain).

Breakfast and lunch provided, ***RSVP required*** (Volunteer Outdoors Colorado).

---

Do you love playing in the dirt? Join REI at William Frederick Hayden Park on Green Mountain for National Trails Day. Volunteers will be doing trial maintenance as well as buliding new trails at this beautiful park.

“Get Dirty” with REI and Lakewood Regional Parks this National Trails Day! Help us establish new trails and solidify existing ones at the beautiful William Frederick Hayden Park on Green Mountain. If you would like to help create sustainable trails that all recreation users can enjoy register today! Breakfast, lunch, water and an REI OXT Volunteer shirt will be provided! Please bring a water bottle and wear appropriate clothing for our ever changing Colorado weather. Due to the nature of this project please wear hiking boots and bring work goves if you have them. 8-8:30 Registration & Breakfast 8:30-11:30 Trail work 11:30-12:00 Lunch 12:00-3 Trail work 3-3:30 Raffle and snacks If you have additional questions please contact Sara Kay at the Lakewood REI (303) 932-0600 or sschwei@rei.com
    please consider joining WWW.COMBA.ORG

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Shoot, the same day as JeffCo Open Space trail day... I'd love to see more trail days at GM since JeffCo won't have anything to do with that place, and since it is in a sad shape at certain spots. I treasure GM, I'll be there. Thanks COMBA.

mtbr member
    note: there are *multiple* trail events planned that day around the state/country, since it is "national trails day".

also, GM is a city of lakewood regional park, not a JCOS property.

thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by hatake
    Shoot, the same day as JeffCo Open Space trail day... I'd love to see more trail days at GM since JeffCo won't have anything to do with that place, and since it is in a sad shape at certain spots. I treasure GM, I'll be there. Thanks COMBA.

not actually bad :)
    Quote Originally Posted by hatake
    I'd love to see more trail days at GM since JeffCo won't have anything to do with that place, and since it is in a sad shape at certain spots. I treasure GM, I'll be there.
    Can you say Adopt-a-trail?
    http://www.lakewood.org/comres/page....Adopt-A-Trail/
    PM me if you want more details.
    They will be having a little training session, and mini workday 6/13.

Terry, I'll be at GM 6/6, probably with the family in tow.
    Just awaiting a little info from Sara at REI, since we'll be late (around noon).

Come on people - pitch in!!!
    It's fun, you get to meet more people, and you can give back a little to the trails you have used and abused for so many years. Last year was the 1st year I did any official trail work or maintenance (worked with the mini crew, and adopt-a-trail), and it's very rewarding.
    Old Codger

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! bump

don't forget to RSVP...

COMBA will be supplying post-event refreshments from Golden City Brewery (for all who volunteer, that is).

come on out and join us!