mtbr member

National Trails Day

Did you get dirty or run over some tools while attempting to ride a trail that hasn't been finished yet?

Stiff yet compliant
    A few of my pictures.

You can always count on BMA and REI to turn out the goodies.

From National trails day 2009

Crew leaders waiting for a crew.

My section needed a lot of rock armoring.

I spotted this up the hillside. Why would someone just abandon an old engine out in the woods?

Ah, that's why.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Green Mountain

50~70 people, young (baby) an old got together and worked on Green Mt. Thanks COMBA, REI, City of Lakewood (and, uh, can’t remember the names – the coffee shop, sub shop for piles of 6 foot super yummy subs, and Golden Brewery and all others supported the efforts) for giving us an opportunity to give back! And thanks to BadAndy for giving me a tip how to get involved more (nice seeing you there).

Had a great time piling up rocks, irrigating the run-offs, and most of all, having fun. Lots of kids helped out and they were all cool, no complaints and no whining. I didn’t take my camera, so all I have is today’s post-work trail. Looking down from the Rooney Ranch where the crew started most of their works. Before you say “sanitized!” please be reminded that the old chute was already closed for rehabilitation, and the new ones needed to be better irrigated to save the trail from water running down in the middle of the trail. And not to mention a number of water bars we put in for you guys to hop

Upper section of the switchbacks were visibly eroding, so the crew leaders decided to create a new water channel and a wall. Yes you can give'r and climb up on an SS.

And of course it started to rain/hail/thunder, so I had to turn around. Thank everyone who participated. Looking forward to doing more.

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by hatake
    I'm particularly proud of that section of trail. I rode Rawhide to Longhorn at White Ranch yesterday and I'm hoping we'll get the same nice smooth pop off these three water bars.

Thanks for bringing that yummy beer COMBA. As expected, I didn't stop drinking from that 3pm cup through the 1am No Use For a Name show.

mtbr member
    That is a great looking trail!