mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Name this trail section

With all this talk of sanitized trails I rode counterclockwise down to this yesterday with the intent to stash my bike and walk it. It's been a month or so since I've seen it, maybe it is rideable and I just forgot. And I was secretly hoping someone would come up, shout out "coming through" and show me how it's done. But I didn't see anyone the whole ride. The joys of riding at 7am during the week.

It was tough stepping down the knee-high drops while I was laughing so hard. The idea of me trying to ride this was so laughable I'd have to have a death wish. But that's just one man's opinion.

I turned around and rode back to the South Boulder Creek TH parking lot. A nice 10 mile out and back. This little snake posed for pictures. His messed-up tail spoke to maybe another encounter with a bike that didn't turn out so well.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

skillz to pay billz
    walker ranch portage

yeah I can ride it, but I usually slide that section in my kayak

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

We have a winner (but that was easy)

Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    walker ranch portage

yeah I can ride it, but I usually slide that section in my kayak
    And, yes these are different pics from what I've posted before. I hope this doesn't degenerate into what that last guy's thread did but I'm just wondering if anyone who claims they could ride this has gone back there and reconsidered, you know, that in fact it isn't rideable. All the way from the sign up top to the creek. I mean, really....

Even as I look at these pics they just do not show how steep it actually is.
    Last edited by xcguy; 07-25-2008 at 08:04 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Thread Terrorist
    That is definitely not a Jeffco trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Orale, vato.

skillz to pay billz
    I don't consider trials to be mtb'ing, so yeah not ridable, IMO.

..ouch
    Have they fixed that area up in the last couple seasons? I remember it being more washed out than that. These pics actually make it look ridable.

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Hey, we need a clean up on Walker Ranch, clean up on Walker Ranch.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

skillz to pay billz
    * quickly prints bumper stickers

trail nazis out of boulder!

* buys volvo, slaps sticker on paint, not bumper.

Thread Terrorist
    I saw 14 rocks exposed on Centennial Cone.... time to get the 'cleaners' up there!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    14, I got 2 off the other day, 12 left! I want to be able to ride my bmx up there so get it clean! Sorry for a second I forgot that we had nobby tires and suspension to ride over stuff

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    Have they fixed that area up in the last couple seasons? I remember it being more washed out than that. These pics actually make it look ridable.
    I guess my pics making it look rideable is the same as it is rideable, yeah Thump? You really should try it. Be sure we all get a full report on the outcome, even if it's from your hospital bed.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I guess my pics making it look rideable is the same as it is rideable, yeah Thump? You really should try it. Be sure we all get a full report on the outcome, even if it's from your hospital bed.
    LOL
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

i have chain issues
    rode it yesterday, it's all rideable except for the 90+ degree at the top of the stairs. If that wasn't so sharp, you could flow the whole thing. i couldn't get started at the top of that, though, so started again at the bottom of the stairs... so not quite the whole thing. of course the giant cliff makes things more scary, so i probably won't attempt to get that sharp turn anytime in the future. fun though! it's nice to get some vertical in.

it's no worse than many north shore trails... that's what big bikes are for...

Born With A Tail
    I hear there is a dude who will meet you there, in the midst of leading Tao Berman on some class V kayaking, and stomp it on your bike. Just tell him when when. He even did it on a recumbent.
    Tequila tonight, tomorrow we ride!

i have chain issues
    haha... i wonder what riding trails would be like on a recumbant... if you had enough suspension, probably kinda fun. although pulling up on the front wheel would be difficult...