Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Name that emtpy front range trail

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Jdub 
#1 ·
Saw one other mountain biker at the trailhead, and maybe a dozen hikers.

Lots of knar. Lots of well behaved dog owners. A little getting lost because I didn't feel like digging out the map. A little of bailing out early because I didn't have enough time to ride all I wanted.

Where was I?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Debaser said:
Saw one other mountain biker at the trailhead, and maybe a dozen hikers.

Lots of knar. Lots of well behaved dog owners. A little getting lost because I didn't feel like digging out the map. A little of bailing out early because I didn't have enough time to ride all I wanted.

Where was I?
I know, I know! I won't spoil it only 10 minutes after you posted though. Good place to avoid crowds.

#5 ·
if that is golden gate, which defitely is gnar everyone needs to get out there. The reason you probaly didn't see anyone is because its quite a drive off 93. They used to have races there. I wish they bring it back cuz that is true mountain biking. Small numbers in each class cuz it weeded out the roadies.

Debaser, did you check out the stone blog? Craziness I tell you.

#7 ·
I don't think Debasers shot is from there

Jdub said:
I may be wrong, but GG is not what I think that it is. I think its a trail north of there, made famous (perhaps infamous) by Lidarman's perfect front range post somewhere in the area of a year ago.
If I'm thinking where you're thinking which was my first thought as well, I went back and checked a bunch of my shots from where we were thinking and they don't match up.

#12 ·
I want to guess Crosier in a spot coming up to the meadow seen through the trees, but don't think that matches up with you getting lost and digging out the map. Kind of looks like that with the skyline to the left.

#19 ·
I'm surprised at some of the guesses.

It is Golden Gate, obviously not Mountain Lion Trail, this was on the Elk Trail. . I ran out of time before getting a chance to head to the ML side of the park.

#20 ·
Debaser said:
I'm surprised at some of the guesses.

It is Golden Gate, obviously not Mountain Lion Trail, this was on the Elk Trail. . I ran out of time before getting a chance to head to the ML side of the park.
I thought Crosier for sure, but after onbelaydave posted his pics (very nice btw) I started to agree with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.