a dad
    Jan 2004

My addition to the crowded trails post ;)

Rode a typically very busy trail last night from 6-8 pm.. a little to start, but not too bad because you start climbing pretty quick. Saw two people in the first mile heading back to the lot.... and then the strangest thing happened. This is your typical out and back ride, about 5 miles each way.. and we didn't see one person, not one, not a biker, not a hiker.. but a few deer.

Dirt was tacky, the lighting was amazing and it was quiet. One of my best rides ever on our busy front range trails.

We were the only car in the lot when we got back.

I highly doubt this will ever happen again, but so glad I didn't let a little bit of weather scare me off.....
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    Rode a typically very busy trail last night from 6-8 pm.. a little to start, but not too bad because you start climbing pretty quick. Saw two people in the first mile heading back to the lot.... and then the strangest thing happened. This is your typical out and back ride, about 5 miles each way.. and we didn't see one person, not one, not a biker, not a hiker.. but a few deer.

Dirt was tacky, the lighting was amazing and it was quiet. One of my best rides ever on our busy front range trails.

I highly doubt this will ever happen again, but so glad I didn't let a little bit of weather scare me off.....
    Win! I drove to my gym at 6:30 am on Easter morning and the streets were empty. Kinda eerie but pleasant at the same time...but mostly eerie.

I think pics of an empty trail are in order.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

crashes in parkinglot
    Last time on hall ranch, I saw two people and they were very low in the rock garden on my way back to Lyons. Granted I was there pretty early, and the weather was looking like it could open the sky at any min, but it was a fantastic ride.
    Down is the new up.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia

The trails are so crowded that no one bothers going there anymore

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter
    The trails are so crowded that no one bothers going there anymore
    That makes me happy..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin