mtbr member
    May 2004

Multi-day ride suggestions - Summit

I have 4 days to do a small trip/loop and am looking for suggestions. I want to ride all day if possible and feel pretty comfortable doing 60+ miles a day. I want to just get out and ride for those days if possible. I am looking for suggestions that could potentially start in the Silverthorne area. I am in Boulder now but hoping to get up higher for the cooler weather.

Do any of you guys/girls have any suggestions on a 3-4 day ride? I am open to whatever but of course would prefer some sort of a loop if possible.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    From Silverthorne you have to drive a bit or ride bike path to get the dirt.

Look up the loop for the Firecracker 50 race on the web, or do the Colorado Trail loop off Tiger Rd- both of which are not really rides directly out of Silverthorne unless you want to get 10 miles of bike path to get to the trails. Closer to Silverthorne you could take the path to Dillon & ride Oro Grande to Aquaduct/or Keystone Gulch Rd up to Westridge then lots of options of varying length- West Ridge to the Colorado Trail - down Reds Tr >West Aquaduct, or take the Colo Tr. all the way over and drop down to Soda Creek> back to Summit Cove/Lake Dillon shore to the bike path. If you have time get the Lat 40 Summit Cnty map most of these trails are on it.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Are you talking about bikepacking?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Are you talking about bikepacking?
    Yes but super light. Dont plan on taking too much as I wont be too far away from stuff if I need to bail back into town.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by teleken View Post
    From Silverthorne you have to drive a bit or ride bike path to get the dirt.

Look up the loop for the Firecracker 50 race on the web, or do the Colorado Trail loop off Tiger Rd- both of which are not really rides directly out of Silverthorne unless you want to get 10 miles of bike path to get to the trails. Closer to Silverthorne you could take the path to Dillon & ride Oro Grande to Aquaduct/or Keystone Gulch Rd up to Westridge then lots of options of varying length- West Ridge to the Colorado Trail - down Reds Tr >West Aquaduct, or take the Colo Tr. all the way over and drop down to Soda Creek> back to Summit Cove/Lake Dillon shore to the bike path. If you have time get the Lat 40 Summit Cnty map most of these trails are on it.
    Thanks. I have that map open in front of me right now. I was thinking almost what you had mentioned, Oro Grande to Aquaduct/or Keystone Gulch Rd up to Westridge - CTR Georgia Pass - then some how over towards French or Boreas Pass and over to Wheeler Trail. Options are pretty open at this point. Plan would be to try and just camp on the side of the trail.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There are a bunch of big loop possibilities in the 100 - 150 mile length that you could do going between Summit/Eagle counties or Summit/Lake counties or Summit/Clear Creek Counties. You'd have to do a mix of single track, jeep roads and some pavement or dirt county roads.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    There are a bunch of big loop possibilities in the 100 - 150 mile length that you could do going between Summit/Eagle counties or Summit/Lake counties or Summit/Clear Creek Counties. You'd have to do a mix of single track, jeep roads and some pavement or dirt county roads.
    That sounds like an option. I dont mind some of the jeep roads. Hoping to avoid the road but if I have to in order to get to some more dirt, I can do it. Any suggestions?