Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

MTN BIKER angst: DH vs. the WORLD!!!!!

Apex, Maxwell, FFS.
    Nobody cares (at least not someone who is emotionally adjusted) what you ride, or how you ride it.
    so all of you DH folks who feel the need to spew ridiculous verbiage about your exploits and skills.........I mean SKILLZZ.
    give it rest, we got the part about the GNAR and the fact that you cause sonic booms from speed and the sound of your squeaky suspension hittng some CLIFF DROP!!!!
    and the rest of us are either lycra Fegggs, or old and slow.

the whole bitc% people have is when someone passes them at a high rate of speed in an unsafe manner.
    I think most MTN Bikers realize it is a bummer to lose momentum on a nice line.................but we also recognize you have a RESPONSIBILITY to conduct yourself in a SAFE and COURTEOUS MANNER.

I think we all understand that things happen on the trail, such that you don't need to intentionally ruin that grace period that most people allow cyclist these days.
    I rode on Sunday, and EVERYBODY (Horseback and Ranger included) gave me a free pass on the trail.
    I also scared the crap out of a couple that was hidden from view when I came blasting down the trail section.
    I had to lock up and exit the trail.
    I could have simply blasted by them, but that is NOT responsible or acceptable.
    I told them I spotted the section, and failed to see them.
    I then apologized several times, because regardless of the situation: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN CONTROL OF YOURSELF AND BIKE AT ALL TIMES.
    the people were very cool, and I hope they did not feel disrespected.
    I would certainly have a problem with my parents/grandparents being buzzed by some selfish little jerk.
    the point is that mistakes happen enough, without being an ass clown and ignoring the regulations.
    there are simply too many trail users to "let it fly" and not expect that time to time, you will need to hold back from going full out.

I get that it is you against the world, and as a suburban white kid, you have a lot to rail against the world about.
    but the fact remains, you are F*c^i$g it up for the rest of your bretheren, read: ALL CYCLIST WHO APPRECIATE THE USE OF TRAILS.

nobody, (hiker, cyclist, equestrian) appreciates a high speed fly by.
    it is rude, selfish and dangerous.
    stop and wait FFS, if you NEED to take that line at mach speed, make sure you can do it SAFELY.

I remember when riding at Stemboat one day, and some snowboarder came close to clipping me and my G'Friend.
    As I watched him continue down the hill, I saw him lose control and plow into someone going at least 25mph.
    the guy got up and left immediately.
    then, three guys got up and followed him.................and were catching him as I lost sight of them on another trail.
    somebody got THUMPED that day.
    it's unfortunate, but clearly some people are in need of that type of 'behavior modification'
    I hope I never hit anyone, or am hit on a trail.
    but if I find that the accident was a result of arrogance and willful breaking of the trail code..............it will not be pleasant.

WE understand that you are "getting your stoke on", OK we got it.
    we ride bikes too, so enough with the preaching.
    the point is that your not allowed to endanger other trail users through willful disregard of the RULES.
    nobody is special or exempt from the rules.
    grow up.
    do you really wan to be the guy that is responsible for the serious injury or death of another human being?

Your retarded
    Who is the target audience of this thread?
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsalty
    I get that it is you against the world, and as a suburban white kid, you have a lot to rail against the world about.
    that was racist

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This may be appreciated more in the DH forum. The response there would be psick.

lurkio
    Jul 2007
    This may go on for some time.
    We went, earth, sky, earth sky, earth skyambulance

eci
    i like avocado

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    specifically, the DH contingent that seems to be invloved in the Apex and Maxwell threads as of late.

overall, ALL people who use a bicycle (of any type)to descend multi use trails.

Living the High Life
    Its funny because he's trolling, but he's going to get a bunch of sarcastic drunk trolls who have no care if they're caught.

I guess we all win

And Todd, avocados suck! I'll be down with work around 5pm today dude.

mtbr member

does spelling count?

Quote Originally Posted by NIKEL
    um, i think he's talking specifically to you...

"mtN bIKer angst: dh vs. thE worLd!!!!!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Its funny because he's trolling, but he's going to get a bunch of sarcastic drunk trolls who have no care if they're caught.

I guess we all win

And Todd, avocados suck! I'll be down with work around 5pm today dude.
    in the meantime................GNAR and CARNAGE!!!!!!

http://www.break.com/index/stupid-ki...nto-biker.html

Living the High Life
    in the meantime................GNAR and CARNAGE!!!!!!
    Good, then we'll all have some fun, better get your full face and goggles ready, or the carnage from the gnar will get in your eyes.

mtbr member
    Is this an essay for a school paper?

Rolling
    that was racist
    XC versus DH racingcism.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    um, i think he's talking specifically to you...

"mtN bIKer angst: dh vs. thE worLd!!!!!"

Can't be me, he spelled my name right.

(Dang that was a good catch gotdirt! LOL.)
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwah
    Is this an essay for a school paper?
    Wouldn't that make the community look great, someone goes and quotes all this poo

mtbr member
    Could i get a price check on Vagisil in isle 2 please. That's a price check on Vagisil in isle 2 please.

mtbr member

eci
    keystone opens tomorrow

Inflexable...
    If someone could make one of these fit my bike it would save me alot of wasted stopping on the trail...

Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

rr
    I don't do PC
    F*** Apex and Maxwell, I'm gonna shuttle Barr trail on Pikes Peak...........during the Pikes Peak marathon BIATCHES!

Then I'm gonna ride my moto on the CT while wearing a "XCers can SUCK ME, I'm a DHer" t-shirt

You can't touch my mofo mojo

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    Could i get a price check on Vagisil in isle 2 please. That's a price check on Vagisil in isle 2 please.
    wow, MR Dank, that IS some funny stuff.
    I bet all the other 8th graders look up to you.

is your bravado a result of your fear, or your penis size?

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    OK I'll Bite.

Is this a joke?

First off, people might take you serious if you used punctuation and correct spelling.

Second, you may want to try riding your bike with a SEAT, or maybe you like the feel of the seatpost up your ASS.

Third, **** YOU!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Hahaha!

mtbr member
    maybe they'll all end up like this guy...

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-162891478515007486&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>
    I will poop on you and your bike

skillz to pay billz
    please make sure you helmet strap is securely fashioned before attempting high speed manovers

Chronic 1st-timer
    "Can't we all just get along?"

Inflexable...
    Alright! Let's start up the carbon fiber wars again...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrobert81
    OK I'll Bite.

Is this a joke?

First off, people might take you serious if you used punctuation and correct spelling.

Second, you may want to try riding your bike with a SEAT, or maybe you like the feel of the seatpost up your ASS.

Third, **** YOU!
    I guess you bite, because you are obviously a BAD MOFO, now aren't you?
    what spelling?
    why does punctuation and sentence structure matter on an internet mesage board?

up my ASSSSS??
    got your feelrs' hurt there,
    over an internet posting?

and F YOU?
    so angry, yet still behaving like a child.

what about the actual content of the post has you so fired up exactly?
    I mean it is COOL and all to be so AGGRO and ANGST like, but what exactly is the reason?

the real question is that do you know that YOU are a JOKE?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    If someone could make one of these fit my bike it would save me alot of wasted stopping on the trail...

It would be very helpful.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    keystone opens tomorrow

Can I still take my DH bike?

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    I'll bite too.

Sounds like you are a bit pissed off at the DH scene, which in fact, is a pertty cool thing. To me, it sounds like you got blown off of the trail by some DH'er who passed you and now you want to steoreo us all into one group of A$$holes.
    Hope I see you at the next race when I hop off of my XC bike at the end of the race then go hope on my DH rig for some practice runs.
    Oh and I agree that fast passing or whatever you call it sucks, but it's not cool to gourp all DH'ers into one group. If we were all in one group there would't only be one of us blowing past you, but a whole army! And you might even get run over! wow

Edit: Being drunk had me really thinking that you were serious, disregard everthing that I jsut said and besides the part of the me riding the XC then going to ride practice for DH, i really do do that.
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by cmooreboards
    Being drunk had me really thinking that you were serious, disregard everthing that I jsut said and besides the part of the me riding the XC then going to ride practice for DH, i really do do that.
    You're already drunk? Sweet!

Glad to Be Alive
    Apex, Maxwell, FFS.
    Nobody cares (at least not someone who is emotionally adjusted) what you ride, or how you ride it.
    so all of you DH folks who feel the need to spew ridiculous verbiage about your exploits and skills.........I mean SKILLZZ.
    give it rest, we got the part about the GNAR and the fact that you cause sonic booms from speed and the sound of your squeaky suspension hittng some CLIFF DROP!!!!
    and the rest of us are either lycra Fegggs, or old and slow.

the whole bitc% people have is when someone passes them at a high rate of speed in an unsafe manner.
    I think most MTN Bikers realize it is a bummer to lose momentum on a nice line.................but we also recognize you have a RESPONSIBILITY to conduct yourself in a SAFE and COURTEOUS MANNER.

I think we all understand that things happen on the trail, such that you don't need to intentionally ruin that grace period that most people allow cyclist these days.
    I rode on Sunday, and EVERYBODY (Horseback and Ranger included) gave me a free pass on the trail.
    I also scared the crap out of a couple that was hidden from view when I came blasting down the trail section.
    I had to lock up and exit the trail.
    I could have simply blasted by them, but that is NOT responsible or acceptable.
    I told them I spotted the section, and failed to see them.
    I then apologized several times, because regardless of the situation: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN CONTROL OF YOURSELF AND BIKE AT ALL TIMES.
    the people were very cool, and I hope they did not feel disrespected.
    I would certainly have a problem with my parents/grandparents being buzzed by some selfish little jerk.
    the point is that mistakes happen enough, without being an ass clown and ignoring the regulations.
    there are simply too many trail users to "let it fly" and not expect that time to time, you will need to hold back from going full out.

but the fact remains, you are F*c^i$g it up for the rest of your bretheren, read: ALL CYCLIST WHO APPRECIATE THE USE OF TRAILS.

nobody, (hiker, cyclist, equestrian) appreciates a high speed fly by.
    it is rude, selfish and dangerous.
    stop and wait FFS, if you NEED to take that line at mach speed, make sure you can do it SAFELY.

I remember when riding at Stemboat one day, and some snowboarder came close to clipping me and my G'Friend.
    As I watched him continue down the hill, I saw him lose control and plow into someone going at least 25mph.
    the guy got up and left immediately.
    then, three guys got up and followed him.................and were catching him as I lost sight of them on another trail.
    somebody got THUMPED that day.
    it's unfortunate, but clearly some people are in need of that type of 'behavior modification'
    I hope I never hit anyone, or am hit on a trail.
    but if I find that the accident was a result of arrogance and willful breaking of the trail code..............it will not be pleasant.

WE understand that you are "getting your stoke on", OK we got it.
    we ride bikes too, so enough with the preaching.
    the point is that your not allowed to endanger other trail users through willful disregard of the RULES.
    nobody is special or exempt from the rules.
    grow up.
    do you really wan to be the guy that is responsible for the serious injury or death of another human being?
    Do You have Cliff Notes for the epic novel
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Do You have Cliff Notes for the epic novel
    Look who decided to show up in the CO forums...sup bob.

Rocket Scientist
    I guess you bite, because you are obviously a BAD MOFO, now aren't you?
    what spelling?
    why does punctuation and sentence structure matter on an internet mesage board?

up my ASSSSS??
    got your feelrs' hurt there,
    over an internet posting?

and F YOU?
    so angry, yet still behaving like a child.

what about the actual content of the post has you so fired up exactly?
    I mean it is COOL and all to be so AGGRO and ANGST like, but what exactly is the reason?

the real question is that do you know that YOU are a JOKE?
    I swear I have NEVER seen anyone so angry on this forum. Moderators can we get a Ban?

Slopestyle Rider

Why would a pro freerider have fear of you or your kind?

Slopestyle Rider
    This thread is great. I love whiney XC angst. Really scares the hell out of all of us DH/Freeride peeps. I know that grown ass men with shaved legs and spandex scare the hell out of me.

Card Carrying Member
    I'm confused as to who to argue with and exactly what I'm type of rider I am classified as. ??? Could we get a list going and some help as to how to figure out your classification?

TIA

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I'm confused as to who to argue with and exactly what I'm type of rider I am classified as. ??? Could we get a list going and some help as to how to figure out your classification?

TIA
    Jim, I think you may be a XDHFRC? Yeah that's it. I'm sure of it.

Card Carrying Member
    even if I told you I often wear old pearl izumi team bibs under my Dickies shorts?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer
    Look who decided to show up in the CO forums...sup bob.
    got a message on the dh forum
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

banned
    I'm going to continue to do whatever it is that I want to do. I really don't give a crinkle cut chip what people have to say about it, and I don't care if people believe it screws anything up for anyone else.

I'll do my best not to hit someone, and they should do their best to get the hell out of my way.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Jim, I think you may be a XDHFRC? Yeah that's it. I'm sure of it.
    Actually, I think the correct term is "XDHFRAMC".. And it does require a quick release seat clamp to qualify.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'll bite too. Stupid generalization? Yes. Some valid points? Yes. I ride my DH bike uphill as well as down, and I can tell you having some fvckwit not yield to me while I'm busting my ass up a hill sucks. I don't whine about it on here though, I make sure said fvckwit knows uphill has the right of way. And if he's an ass about it I will chase him down.

But give the kids a chance, sometimes you just never think about yielding. I didn't yield when I was young until I cut off someone going uphill and he explained it to me. That and having some idiots (on Maxwell of all places...) nearly run me off the trail was enough to teach me a lesson.

Now I love going as fast as possible, but I have to say when I'm hiking and someone blasts by me on a bike at mach eighty or whatever I get a little pissed off. I don't know if he's a good rider or not. I don't want to get hit by some idiot. I see out of control people going too fast and hitting others all the time when I snowboard.

And finally to end my little rant. Just as many XC riders are guilty of this as DH'ers. MrSalty just seems to be jealous if you ask me... Get a big travel bike and see why we love it so much!

mtbr member
    dh,is a natural progression of all cycling.

the same as xc came from road and cyclocross.

i get that you are bitter at some people because some people have no manners,but to hate the hole dh, community is sad on your behalf.

dont forget dh,fr, are the reason for the bikes we ride today.

Thread Terrorist
    that was racist
    I'm black.... so STFU!

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Here's an exstention of this thread you guys may want to check out.

Read on dudes
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-01-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Mountain Biker
    I don't get it?

"nobody, (hiker, cyclist, equestrian) appreciates a high speed fly by."

Are you kidding? I am a Cyclist and I appreciate a high speed fly by. Except when the cyclist is going uphill, in spandex, and leaves a bad smell of XC behind him.

LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by balfabiker22; 11-01-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

mtbr member
    Hope I see you at the next race when I hop off of my XC bike at the end of the race then go hope on my DH rig for some practice runs
    Cool. Do you wear spandex on your DH runs? That would be sweet!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast