mtbr member
    Jul 2010

MTB Course Comparison

Does anyone know what the comparison is like between the loop for the Firecracker 50 in Breck compared to the Silver rush 50 in Leadville? Mainly wondering whether the Silver Rush is full of sections like there are in Breck with the nasty, rocky fields and downhills at the different points like coming off Lincoln hill, the last 'rocky' half mile before the switch backs at the bottom of the Firecracker course, and the muddy/rocky sections up on the single track after you hit the single track at the top of Boreas Pass? I don't mind climbing, but i am not looking forward to the rocky @ss beating i take in Breck every year. I just suck at the technical stuff.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I think overall the Firecracker course is more 'technical' with the fast, rocky sections. Leadville has one section that is somewhat rocky and quick, which is the downhill taking you back to the finish. I don't recall it being as bad as the last section of the Breck course above the finishing switchbacks. Other than that, I can't remember any other 'nasty' sections. The Silver Rush is mostly double track and road, not as bad as the Firecracker route.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Thank You

Awesome, exactly what I was hoping and looking for.

mtbr member
    I would disagree, i raced firecracker 50 this weekend and it was a blast. Lots of single track and only that one hick a bike section. Pre rode silver rush last weekend and am glad i did not sign up for that. It has no section that is the same as leadville. It was alot more rocky and no single trac. There was sections that going down it was hard to control do to rain ruts and then there will be riders coming at you on the same rode. I will never sign up for the silver rush. Just not a fun course like firecracker or laramie
    ONCE YOU RIDE FAT U WONT GO BACK!